If you love the fast-paced and high energy of the Austin start-up scene and you are looking for a role that allows your work to have a direct impact on a company’s success, come talk to us. We are looking for an awesome team member to add to our expanding engineering team!
ScaleFactor is working to pioneer big changes in our industry, and we need people that enjoy venturing into uncharted territory and blazing a trail with innovative solutions. We are a high-growth organization that combines trusted experts with intuitive software to solve businesses’ accounting and finance needs. Our trusted experts review businesses’ monthly financial statements to ensure accounts are accurate and healthy so owners and operators can focus on running their businesses. Our in-house team draws on their vast experience to provide skilled solutions to help business owners conquer their most complex financial needs.
You possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. You have the passion and skills to create high-quality products. You are goal oriented, self-motivated, tech-savvy and possess a can-do attitude and approach in a team oriented setting. Your adaptability, resourcefulness and versatility drive results that have a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Responsibilities will vary significantly month over month, some of which will include the following day-to-day activities:
- You will maintain the availability of our cloud infrastructure, ensuring respect of our SLAs with our customers, by being responsible for our production systems
- Help implement and maintain IT technologies that improve the security, scalability and reliability of our corporate infrastructure
- Propose and lead implementation of optimization and best practices for daily operations of application infrastructure (operations, monitoring, alerting)
- Perform on-site and cloud infrastructure service implementations, performance analysis, optimization, logging/monitoring, and problem resolution working closely with Engineering
- Create an IT operational roadmap of planned system upgrades/updates and other Maintenance Windows (MW) and work with support team for scheduled MW’s / outages
- Run regular checks on network and data security
- Coordinate, test and help improve our disaster recovery procedures
- Provide investigation, root cause analysis, and problem resolution timely and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an IT Systems Administrator or DevOps role
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure and networks
- Knowledge of maintaining and deploying web application infrastructure
- Experience managing GCP infrastructure resources
- Kubernetes or other container orchestration frameworks
- Monitoring and log aggregation via DataDog
- Come work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017, 2018 and 2019 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
- Unlimited cold brews, beverages, snacks, and if we do not have a snack that you want - we will go and get it!
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
- Your resume highlighting skills and credentials required for this position