IT Project Manager
This is an internal IT Project Management role in the Enterprise Systems team. The IT PM works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of technical solutions. The ideal candidate should demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and demonstrate excellent networking with senior internal and external personnel in their area of expertise. You will primarily be interacting with “internal customers” from multiple departments within the company. Expect to work with Engineering, IT, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Professional Services to drive cross-functional and cross-organizational IT projects. You will address business needs by evaluating requirements and identifying technology solutions to expedite business transformation. Must be able to react quickly to situations that arise while balancing project deliverables and objectives. Someone with a balanced approach to project management who also has strong technical skills, natural consensus building ability, and a detailed logistical capability would be the ideal candidate.
- Technical Innovation: Able to independently identify and solve low-mid level technical problems with SaaS products. Examples:
- Low Level: How to set a password policy in a SaaS application.
- Mid Level: How to troubleshoot a technical deficiency in a system and provide work arounds.
- Identifies the security features of products (including, but not limited to): SAML integration, Basic User and Security administration, MFA abilities, and AD Direct Sync.
- Strategic Business Partner: A trusted resource providing technical advice to the stakeholders on IT Architecture.
- Deftly manages through ambiguity, limitations, constraints and complexities and provides informed recommendations to stakeholders.
- Work is performed under general direction.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment.
- Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of the overall project goal. Scoping documents, business drivers, deliverables to stakeholders.
- Meets deadlines and budgets, and follows up as promised.
- Ability to apply knowledge of industry standard practices.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires critical thinking and evaluation.
- Demonstrates solid judgment and experience in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Provides precise summaries/information to stakeholders and to management. Clearly identifies decisions that need to be made by stakeholders along with due dates.
- Ensures information is accurate through research, interviews and communication with stakeholders (e.g., e mails, texts, phone calls, etc).
- Specific and accurate tracking of project status and software inventory.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
- Interfaces cross-functionally at the working team level. Customer resolution requires excellent communication skills. Sponsors and models exemplary team interaction.
- Encourages and accepts performance feedback.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Timeliness - Keeps the project on track by responding quickly to needs and issues as they arise.
- Provides stakeholders with clear direction and a menu of possible solutions to consider.
- Doesn't bring problems/roadblocks to stakeholders or management, but rather brings options for success/workarounds.
- Builds team mates up through encouragement and positive feedback.
- Demonstrates respect for and motivates stakeholders time, input, feedback, needs, etc.
- Has integrity and accountability when a mistake is made. Quick to take ownership when a mistake is made and quickly take action to repair an issue.
- Builds consensus on common sets of requirements across all stakeholders.
- High Emotional Intelligence. Demonstrates capability of knowing when to push stakeholders and when to ease off overloaded stakeholders.
- Constantly assesses the risk of not getting a task done against other factors among the team while accomplishing the overall goals of the project.
- Ensures stakeholders are pleased with outcome/deliverable and their experience with the PM.
- Negotiates to build final consensus on a common set of requirements from all clients and stakeholders.
- Identifies and implements best practices and continuous improvements via post project reviews and root cause analysis.
- Leads cross-functional project teams by prioritizing and coordinating all aspects of project execution to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards for Project Management. Full knowledge of industry standard practices
- 3-5 years of proficient project management experience deploying enterprise software solutions in large complex corporate environments
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Must be comfortable presenting to large groups
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- 3-5 years of experience with SaaS business applications and Enterprise IT architectures
- Experience with Box Enterprise, Smartsheet, Atlassian, Jive, Salesforce, Office 365, Active Directory, Analytics Tools, Identity Management Software and Financial software a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedication to customer service
- Minimum 3-5 years of program management or project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business, or equivalent experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.