IT Security Engineer
We are looking for an IT Security Engineer to join our team in Austin, TX. In this position, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of security. You will work closely with Cloud Operations, Network, Security, and IT teams in designing solutions, providing security oversight and driving security projects to reduce the risk to Procore and Procore's Business System.
This is a technical role with the expectation that you are fluent in security automation, system security, network security, compliance and incident response.
You should consider yourself an inventive engineer, with a taste for the difficult and quirky problems that lesser engineers shy away from. You should revel in producing elegant solutions using whatever languages, tools and hardware you deem most appropriate and have good grasp of broad security concepts.
What you’ll do:
- Focusing both on security and reliability identify gaps and add tooling and automation to support our security systems
- Implement and support tools necessary to build a world class security organization
- Evaluate new tools and techniques to create innovative and practical security solutions
- Gather requirements and build innovative solutions around open-source and proprietary tools
- Provide hardware security expertise in support of AWS service teams
- Directly represent the team to business leaders and technical staff at all levels of the company
- Perform hands-on security threat modeling, risk assessment, and operational security analysis
- Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences
- Mentor junior engineers
- Develop training plans for yourself and junior engineers
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS or comparable experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an equivalent technical security role
- Certified Security Professional (CISSP, GIAC or other certifications)
- Proficiency in Python and/or Ruby, as is a strong understanding of Linux/OSX and to a lesser extent, Windows
- Extensive knowledge of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services.
- Advanced skill level with mastery of most operating systems commands/utilities, CIFs, DHCP, DNS, A/D, TCP/IP
- An understanding of agile software development principles, CI/CD methodologies, some knowledge of Chef and/or Ansible
- An understanding of network and application security threats, attack techniques and mitigation options
- AWS Certifications a plus
- Network Security Certifications a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.