IT Security Specialist
Acrisure Technology Group (ATG) is a fast paced, AI-driven team building innovative software to disrupt the $6T+ insurance industry. Our mission is to help the world share its risk more intelligently to power a more vibrant economy. To do this, we are transforming insurance distribution and underwriting into a science.
At the core of our operating model is our technology: we’re building the premier AI Factory in the world for risk and applying it at the center of Acrisure, a privately held company recognized as one of the world's top 10 insurance brokerages and the fastest growing insurance brokerage globally. By using the latest technology and advances in AI to push the boundaries of understanding risk, we are systematically converting data into predictions, insights, and choices, and we believe we can remove the constraints associated with scale, scope, and learning that have existed in the insurance industry for centuries.
We are a small team of extremely high caliber engineers with a diverse background across industries and technologies. Our engineers have worked at large companies like Google and Amazon, high frequency trading companies like TwoSigma and Jump Trading, and a variety of smaller startups, including successful startup founders.
As an IT Security Specialist, you’ll be in charge of developing and implementing security and IT measures for ATG. You’ll be responsible for analyzing existing security procedures and suggesting changes to management for increased efficiency and extra security. You will also be responsible for helping to manage the company's physical IT infrastructure within our office, and employee laptops. As a successful candidate, you will present your findings to Engineers and recommend new technologies or modifications. You will also research security measures and concerns to develop effective strategies to mitigate security risks, as well as develop systems and techniques to handle sensitive information in a confidential way. You enjoy working with and helping others. You are driven by a passion for improving the world through technology. Help us to turn vision into reality.
Here are some of the ways in which you’ll achieve impact:
- Work with teams to understand the systems they are building so you can develop and implement strategies to secure them.
- Develop and implement IAM policies to ensure users have the proper access to the resources they need.
- Understand the practical implications of security so you can help prioritize security improvements.
- Help build security best practices into our infrastructure through automation.
- Offer technical support to company staff and troubleshoot computer, hardware, or facilities problems.
- Identify, adopt, and evangelize best practices through training and ongoing communication.
- Manage provisioning and security of employee laptops, office equipment and office access.
- Act as the main point of contact for vendors, including contracts, invoicing, and pricing negotiations.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to address security and access issues.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Possess exceptional knowledge of information security.
- Industry and Security certifications may be required.
- Have excellent understanding of user authentication methods.
- Have strong project management experience.
- Have an ability to measure, understand, and debug complex integrated systems.
- Ability to work well on your own, but also perform effectively in a team setting to reach organizational goals.
- Are product and customer focused, with a passion for delighting the end user.
- Possess empathy, kindness towards others, a positive attitude, and self-awareness.
- Are comfortable working with a programming or scripting language.
- Are willing and able to work in Austin, Texas starting September 2021.
- Are excited to work for an early-stage company to experiment, discover product-market fit and are focused on maximizing business impact.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. If you are a solid engineer and eager to work on data- or insurance-related platforms/products, we are eager to talk!