IT Service Desk Manager
Amherst is a technology company with over twenty years of success developing and optimizing data analytics platforms for the real estate market. Having honed a unique analytical approach across residential real estate, commercial real estate, and fixed income, our platform powers various real estate business strategies including mortgage securitizations, asset management, and a single-family buy-to-rent. Our data, technology and risk-management solutions provide our clients an edge in navigating today’s real estate markets.
Amherst is hiring for an experienced IT Service Desk Manager for its corporate office in Austin, TX. We desire someone that can think strategically but LOVES the day to day hands on technical aspects of supporting local and remote employees. The IT Service Desk Manager will be responsible for managing a geographically disperse and growing support team providing technical customer support to all corporate systems and applications. We are experiencing tremendous growth and seek to hire individuals that work well in hyper fast-paced, every changing dynamic work environments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and lead the helpdesk operations that supports the corporate and remote offices
- Lead the department to provide support for business infrastructure and applications, including e-mail, printing, wireless and wired network connectivity, phones.
- Oversee facility support, including conference rooms and meeting spaces, IT coordination of live events, coordinating with on-site vendors, etc.
- Act as escalation point for all customer and critical priority issues
- Monitor helpdesk tickets to ensure that the tickets are being handled in a timely manner escalating to system engineering, network engineering and security as needed.
- Develop, measure, and report on key performance indicators, ensure adherence to agreed-on service level agreements, and make recommendations for improvements
- Create, maintain, and enforce necessary and required documentation (policies, procedures, and standards) that outline how problems are identified, assigned and corrected
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts
- Oversee IT onboarding activities for all new corporate and remote employees
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing systems
- Lead the team to maintain and build online documentation for internal use as well as user use
- Provide guidance in goal-setting, performance reviews, coaching and mentoring, and team member development
- Purchasing and deployment tasks
- Grow the team as the company expands
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of proven hands-on IT helpdesk experience supporting local and remote offices
- 2+ years of IT management experience
- Experience with Windows 10 desktops and laptop technical support
- Foundational understanding of information security principles and how they apply to IT operations, including the secure configuration of general purpose environments and operation of security appliances
- Experience working in environments compliant with regulatory and best practice compliance frameworks (such as, ISO/IEC 27001, SOC 2, PCI DSS, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Active Directory Services, Exchange, etc.
- Working knowledge of user device and enterprise mobility management (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS)
- Excellent collaborative and team work skills, oral and written communications skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- JIRA administration and workflow configuration experience is a plus
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on needs
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. for equipment installation
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!