IT Support Specialist at MongoDB
MongoDB is seeking the newest member to join their IT Support Team. You will join an existing team that provides technical support for all of our global offices and remote staff. This role covers support for the US West / APAC East region and is based in Austin, TX.
Our goal is to maximize the efficiency of our colleagues through the use of technology. This means we split our time between providing top-notch end user support, and developing smart solutions aimed at simplifying complicated day-to-day tasks.
Our team manages all elements of internal office tech infrastructure, including: email administration, employee onboarding, network administration, security access, asset management, and more. You will have the opportunity to design, implement, operate, and troubleshoot the systems, services, and tools we own, in both physical and cloud-based environments.
We believe strongly in personal growth and mentorship so your ability to succeed is directly related to your desire to grow.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 0-2 years of experience in an end-user support role
- A strong desire to grow technically
- Hands-on familiarity with macOS & Apple hardware administration
- Hands-on familiarity with Windows / PC environments as well as bootcamp for macOS
- A naturally strong diagnostic/troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real end-to-end technical issues
- The desire to “automate everything,” combined with the ability to rapidly learn the technical skills necessary to do so
- The ability to clearly communicate complex technical topics to a wide range of employees in both verbal and written form
- A naturally calm and empathetic demeanor under pressure, combined with the ability to concurrently solve multiple issues in real-time
- Ability to travel to the US regional offices as needed
- Experience with technologies we use (preferred):
- macOS Server, Linux, VoIP, Confluence, JIRA, Google Apps, JAMF, Meraki
- Linux administration, automation and project management experience are a plus!
- Help our colleagues maximize their productivity through the effective use of technology: if necessary, investigate their issues and perform hands-on troubleshooting
- Provide exceptional support to executives based in the US West region
- Be a strong technical voice within the organization by providing training for colleagues and developing self-service resources wherever possible
- Participate in on-call support rotations; be available for off-hour maintenance and upgrades
- Provide support for network, telephone and audio/visual systems, both day-to-day as well as support for company meetings and events
- Configure, deploy, and maintain user devices and accounts, automating the process wherever possible
- Maintain detailed documentation of work completed, using the information gathered to develop self service knowledge bases and improved user guides
The IT Support Specialist will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- Maintain an accelerated personal growth path:
- In 3 months you’ll be fully up to speed on the services and technologies we deploy and maintain, having the ability to independently handle day to day IT tasks
- Within 6 months you’ll be actively developing novel solutions to inefficient processes and problems
- By 12 months you’ll be thinking largely in terms of efficiency and have the skills necessary to execute on your ideas. This could mean anything from becoming a Networking Wizard to a Python Ninja; your growth path is largely defined by your interests and desires
- Customer Service: Provide an unparalleled customer experience by offering top-notch technical support, creating easy to follow self-service resources, and workflow automations for our colleagues
- Communication: Successfully communicate team challenges and support solutions internally and externally, while having the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Research: Collect and analyze feedback from both our internal customers as well as our systems to better understand our clients needs and improve automation/optimization efforts
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*