IT Support Specialist at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
We are passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are motivated to handle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the role:
You will provide Tier 1 technical assistance and support for incoming requests and issues related to internal computer systems, software, and hardware. Respond to internal users in person, over the phone, or slack. You will report to the Technical Operations Manager.
This role will require someone who can handle prioritizing competing requests, has good interpersonal and communication skills and is eager to learn.
· Good verbal and written communication
· 1 year end user application support experience
· Basic networking(TCP/IP, DNS)
· Working knowledge/understanding of macOS, Microsoft office, Gsuite/Gmail, bash shell, client/server architecture(Bonus: Duo, LDAP, Jumpcloud, Jamf experience)
· Working knowledge of PC/Mac hardware, computer peripherals, mobile devices
· Basic wifi/internet troubleshooting
· Detail oriented
· High level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to be flexible, multi-task and organize priorities in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining a high level of focus and accuracy
· Eagerness to learn
· Point person for tier 1 IT requests from internal users through slack, Jira, phone
· Diagnose, research and resolve tier 1 technical hardware and software issues.
· Create accounts and purchase/configure MBP laptops/peripherals as part of onboarding process
· Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
· Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
· Other responsibilities may be added or assigned
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
Free gym membership
Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
Casual dress code
Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
Team happy hours and events
Downtown Austin office space
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.