IT System Administrator at CesiumAstro
Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at http://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add an Information Technology (IT) Systems Administrator to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and have a mind for information systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the IT infrastructure for a growing company, including network security, hardware management, user support, administration, software licensing, compliance with federal standards, and designing and implementing IT processes and procedures. Daily responsibilities include upgrading and maintaining data management systems, choosing computers and hardware upgrades, setting up new users, maintaining the local servers, monitoring and enforcing security policies, and assisting users with IT tasks and issues.
The successful candidate will be experienced in corporate IT systems, policies, and procedures. The ideal candidate has direct experience with federal requirements for IT systems (such as NIST 800-171) and ITAR/EAR regulations. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, articulate, flexible, quick to grasp business needs, a team player, an excellent written and oral communicator, and eager to learn.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in corporate information technology; more experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Extensive experience with administration of both Windows and Linux systems
- Experience with IT for software engineering organizations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills
- A positive, team-player attitude
Preferred experience includes:
- Computing resources for high-performance engineering workstations
- Version control systems (e.g. Subversion)
- Government standards and requirements for IT systems (e.g. NIST 800-171, ITAR/EAR)
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.