IT System Operations Technician at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
The IT Operations Center acts as the starting point into Blackbaud Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations, managing incoming service requests and incidents for Blackbaud’s 45,000+ clients. Detail-oriented and disciplined, the IT Operations Analyst is focused on service request completion, incident detection and resolution, and providing excellent customer service in a dynamic & fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is well versed in ITIL, a great communicator, and able to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction.
The Operations Center is a 24x7x365 environment and operates on 3 shifts. Evening, overnight, weekend and holiday work is required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage ticketing queues and engages in proactive monitoring of Blackbaud’s hosted infrastructure and applications
- Investigate, diagnose, and take prescribed actions on all operational events, alarms and incidents
- Execute on Incident response with relentless initial focus on restoration of service, followed by a drive to ensure the root cause of problems are identified and resolved permanently
- Maintain operational logs all alerts and requests, recording and classifying all related messages; maintain all operational data collection procedures, mechanisms and tools
- Maintain operational documentation including knowledgebase articles
- Accurately escalate incidents and service requests beyond the scope or responsibility of the Ops Center
- Maintain response and resolution of cases/tickets received in queue against established Service Level Objectives
- Communicate status of requests and incidents with requestor or relevant stakeholders
What we’ll want you to have:
- Must be able to work various shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- ITIL Foundations certification or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2 IT certifications plus 3 years work experience
- Experience responding to events in multiple environments including Linux OS, Windows OS, or Citrix XenApp environments as well as cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and VMware VSphere cloud platform
- Practical experience with running scripts in PowerShell, Perl, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or equivalent technologies required
- Experience troubleshooting/altering or writing complex automated scripts in Powershell, Perl, Bash, TCL/TK, Ruby or equivalent technical preferred
- Experience working with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality of such data and information
- Ability to self-manage work and complete related projects independently or as part of a team
- A “customer-first” mindset in taking ownership of daily operations of the team, focused on operational effectiveness while meeting SLA/OLAs
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.