IT Systems Engineer (Security) at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
The IT team at Workrise provides both strategic IT vision and enterprising solutions for Workrise staff in support of the company’s mission.
- Coordinate all aspects of setting up new IT systems and controls
- Performs configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure, network, and security solutions
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Stands up the necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
- Collaborates with product and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure
- Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, and security
- Optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate
- Performs root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
- Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability
- Strong communication skills in order to work with both IT specialists and non-IT employees
- Ability to keep abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems
- Ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Experience with:
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Scripting / API calls
- Networking / IDS / IPS / Firewalls
- GSuite administration
- Google Cloud Platform
- Jamf / Intune / Google MDM
- Cisco Meraki Firewalls and Access Points
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Egos, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.