JIRA System Administrator at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Jira Administrator to join Procore’s Information Technology team to support our Product and Technology (P&T) Organization. In this role, you’ll take the lead in creating and executing a strategic roadmap for implementing our program management platforms. You’ll drive, design, and build out the required flows and integrations between Jira and other Atlassian and SAAS applications.
As a Jira Administrator, you’ll partner with P&T and R&D to establish best practices, improve current and future project workflows, and manage integrations and reporting. Use your creative problem-solving and strong technical expertise to impact the entire business. If you are highly motivated, thrive on big challenges, and approach your work with ownership, openness, and optimism—we’d love to hear from you!
This position will report into IT and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S. location or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, New York, NY, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Create, manage, and support all administrative functions associated with Jira, Confluence, 3rd party add-ons, and integrations
- Drive the strategic roadmap for better tool utilization through documentation, training, coaching, and optimization, enabling stakeholders to work with even greater productivity
- Use your deep knowledge of the Jira platform and experience to build the Jira hierarchy and workflows to implement and maintain consistent structure, taxonomy, usage, and SOX compliance
- Establish and maintain system optimization for shared filters and dashboards, group subscriptions, global permissioning, email notifications, and resolving workflow issues
- Proactively plan and implement upgrades for the project management platforms
- Create Jira based reports, dashboards, and planning views based on different user requirements and provide stakeholders with actionable metrics and status reports
- Troubleshoot user and system-level issues and deliver scalable and timely solutions, as well as develop and maintain documentation and end-user training materials
- Communicate, written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or Computer Sciences
- 5+ years of experience with deep hands-on expertise with the Jira product suite (Atlassian, Confluence, and others), supporting 3rd party add-ons (Portfolio, Structure, etc.) and integrations
- Knowledge of the Jira product suite at admin and super-user level (Jira Certified a plus)
- Proven technical expertise integrating Jira applications with enterprise platforms like Workday, OKTA, Slack, etc., through a mix of API and integration tools
- Conceptual and practical understanding of SDLC and Agile Frameworks
- Knowledge of Scrum and continuous integration and continuous deployment practices
- Experience with writing scripts and managing reports on Jira and supported reporting applications
- Experience with providing user management, access roles and permissioning, global and project-level configuration and maintenance, training, and end-user support for JIRA
- Experience designing, configuring, maintaining, and evolving customized project space setups to include issue type scheme design, screen scheme design, new field design, and workflow design and configuration.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong executive presence, facilitation skills, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.