Lead Client Platform Engineer at Cloudflare (Remote)
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Cloudflare’s Information Technology team architects, implements, and supports technology for our internal infrastructure, enterprise applications, and user community.
We’re looking for motivated, detail-oriented developers who can design and orchestrate the integration platform for our business applications, develop and deploy enterprise-level integrations, execute quality assurance strategies, and provide support for our self-serve billing application.What you'll do
Cloudflare is growing our IT team as we solidify our DevOps oriented administration model and build application integrations often with our own products. We are looking for a Senior IT Operations Engineer based ideally in Austin, TX but remote locations are possible. You would be responsible for leading our next steps to design, build, integrate, and optimize new and existing IT tools and processes around device configuration, deployment, and identity as well as employee onboarding and collaboration. This is a highly technical lead position reporting to the Director of Enterprise Infrastructure and Operations.
- Act as team lead for engineers committed to providing efficient onboarding and lifecycle management of Enterprise assets
- Identify gaps and design creative solutions for workflows and integrations with both in-house and SaaS applications to automate endpoint configuration and management
- Partner with the Security teaSenior IT Operations Engineerm to design and implement device identity and management solutions built with Cloudflare’s own products
- Work with Enterprise Apps and People teams to develop automations around user onboarding and new hire orientation
- Use your experience working cross functionally to achieve departmental goals
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Serve as the highest technical escalation point for our Ops Engineers
- Participate in on call rotation for after hours support as necessary
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5-7+ years experience with design, development, and management of Enterprise processes including automation of endpoint and account lifecycles
- Strong knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Moderate to advanced programming experience (Python, Golang, Bash, etc.)
- Ability to extend functionality of existing off the shelf endpoint management products such as JAMF/Intune/Google
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in written and spoken English
- Prior experience working with enterprise engineering teams
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.