Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
LIMS Administrator is a crucial part of our company, turning Study data gathered from the use of our reagents and software into filings with the FDA and other regulatory bodies. Our goal is to turn data into information, information into insights and insights into tools for doctors to make the best possible choices for their patient’s cancer treatment. The LIMS Administrator will be responsible for completing the establishment of our ESP LIMS platform. The consultant will work with and communicate across Assay development, Software, Data Management, Biostatistics and Report writing in the course of their work. The Administrator will participate in developing, maintaining and supporting the software and infrastructure set up to support this project. The Administrator must be competent at using L7 ESP LIMS to set up protocols and workflows, to be comfortable working with integrating custom code with the software, be adept at work closely with colleagues and be able to communicate clearly and succinctly. The data analyst should have experience working with a regulated environment where compliance to the principals of GMP, GCP and applicable regulations.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Understanding of the technologies, tools and disciplines of data analytics as applied to NGS and Cancer biology
- Partner with team members to complete the roll out of this project to end users
- Work with data analytics to migrate legacy data and integrate ESP LIMS with legacy validated software platforms
- Use knowledge of regulated environments to obtain, manage, query, and produce auditable data and implement a validation plan for the system
- Use SQL to develop ad hoc queries for data stored across multiple tables and databases
- Coordinate within the unit to defining new workflow requirements, developing them, and testing/validating them in support of study design, management and execution using the ESP system
- Use skills and knowledge of AWS tools and technologies to deploy tools, use existing infrastructure, analyze data and share results
- Documenting and managing documentation relating to the general use, customization and maintenance of the system in compliance with Invitae’s regulatory audit requirements.
- MSc or higher in statistics, biostatistics, or related field (preferred)
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience including biostatistics, NGS and/or Cancer biology
- 2 + years of experience working with and administering a cloud based LIMs system, preferably L7 ESP LIMS, CloudLIMS and associated development tools, environments and practices for data analytics
- Experience working with AWS technologies
- Expertise in creative data analysis and best practices in data visualization using Tableau would be ideal
- Familiarity with the validation needs for analyzing studies and/or clinical trial data
- Experience working in a fast-paced regulated environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects
- MSc, PhD in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics or other relevant scientific or engineering discipline
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $85,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Can be remote work
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.