Liquibase Support Engineer
Datical transforms the way businesses build software with an industry-leading database release automation solution. Our growing list of Fortune 500 customers love us because we enable them to reduce the time it takes to bring their apps to market while eliminating security vulnerabilities, costly database errors, data loss, and downtime.
Our leadership team has a proven track record of technology startup success and understands the benefits of a truly collaborative culture. No punks and no jerks here. We're a passionate team that enjoys delivering technology to empower our customers to deliver better applications, faster. We were named a Cool Vendor by Gartner and just received series C funding. It's a great time to be part of our success story.
As a Software Support Engineer, you will investigate, reproduce, and diagnose complex issues affecting our customers on our products – Liquibase and Liquibase Pro. You should be passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
What you’ll be doing:
- Using your technical skills to identify and resolve critical issues for our customers and customer-facing teams
- Collaborating cross-functionally with development, QA, and customer facing teams alike to troubleshoot issues to success
- Acting as a primary support person to track, and manage customer issues
- Building relationships across Customer Success and R&D as a technical expert
- Mentoring customer facing teams on technical issues and best practices
- Providing timely information to customer facing teams to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Helping define processes to improve support and maintenance
What we’re looking for:
- Liquibase experience required. Three plus years preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills along with a strong desire to interact with customers, support engineers and management on high-profile issues critical to the long-term success of the company
- Technical experience with Java based desktop and/or web applications, Oracle/SQL Server Postgres/DB2 databases, and Linux a plus
- Demonstrable curiosity, passion, integrity and outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge, mentoring ability, and comfort interacting with all levels of management
Why You'll Like Working Here:
- Work on cutting edge technology
- Get an inside look into how some of the worlds largest brands and companies manage their software teams and releases
- A transparent and collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- No punks, No jerks
- Everyone is a shareholder in the company
- Rich benefits package with generous medical allowance and company paid long- and short-term disability
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Weekly company all-hands with lunch
- Results-oriented culture in a casual work environment
- Subsidized Gold's Gym membership (Gold's gym is within walking distance of us!)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks