Live Stream Technician at FloSports
FloSports is looking for a Live Stream Technician to join our Operations department. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, talented, highly-technical live broadcast professional with a passion for providing high-quality live event coverage. This role will remotely support and manage multiple events simultaneously in the racing and cheer vertical by helping camera operators to adjust camera settings, configuring various cellular backpack technologies such as LiveU and TVU, managing start and end times and in some cases, adding remote commentary, graphics, and other treatments. Ideal candidates will be strong communicators and have a keen eye for detail.
- Identify and correct audio and video quality issues to ensure client satisfaction is achieved
- Troubleshoot technology issues and production problems logically, calmly and efficiently.
- Help direct camera operators and optimize the broadcast picture in a variety of settings
- Implement graphics overlays on a broadcast
- Communicate key information with other technicians, camera operators, supporting team members, and managers
- Understand and respond to client concerns and issues with video streams
- Commonly work weekends & evenings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Background or education in video production
- 2+ years of experience in broadcasting
- 1+ years of experience in networking
- Familiarity working with common encoders like vMix, OBS, LIveU, TVU, Livestream HD550
- Proficient in camera operation and settings (white balance, shutter speed, gain, etc.)
- Experience with graphics
- Troubleshooting skills for solving problems using a methodical approach
- Tech-savvy, have an eye for quality, and be a sports enthusiast.
- Basic understanding of mixing audio and managing audio level for a broadcast
- Ability to lead, execute and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Process driven and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion or understanding of Motorports Industry is beneficial
- Live Stream
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment