Lonely Planet | Production Manager at Red Ventures
This is a key role sitting between production/editorial, legal and finance. An organized, operational facilitator with a creative-problem solving mindset that adds a can-do energy to big-picture programs and a detail-oriented focus to logistical production tasks.
This person has experience working with all relevant teams and across multiple, simultaneous projects of varying complexity and budgets as well as a deep knowledge of industry best practices, rates, and creative standards.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee budget creation, management and actualization for editorial and client-based productions
- Oversee, implement and streamline best practices for freelancer and third party onboarding and payroll
- Systemize, manage and track travel planning and loyalty and rewards programs for creative travel needs across departments
- Work closely with producers and editors at all levels to troubleshoot logistics from pre-post
- Establish and maintain clear expectations and deliverables for on-time execution between production and sales
- Track and maintain rights and clearances documents for each production
- Identify and implement production efficiencies, policies, and workflows for internal and external teams
- Partner ongoing with our legal team to negotiate and execute deals with third party vendors, talent and partners
- Build relationships with a variety of internal teams to ensure needs are met, budgets are established and maintained and tasks are executed effectively
- Liaise with creative internal teams (editorial, photo) to streamline and maximize production efforts
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of production experience and a knowledge of every stage of the production process
- Deep understanding of domestic and international production guidelines including obtaining permits, carnets, divers, fixers, etc.
- Deep understanding of organizational and production systems including budgeting, tracking, and invoicing software
- Knowledge of rights and clearances process with an understanding of legal and publishing guidelines for web
- Ability to work and problem solve autonomously with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work cross functionally and simultaneously between video, editorial, and sponsored projects
- Incredible organizational and project management skills, maintaining multiple simultaneous projects
- Rolodex of domestic and international contributors and collaborators
- Understanding of and passion for the travel industry, with the ability to plan and book travel for domestic and international projects
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]