M&A Operations Lead at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
The Special Projects team at Cloudflare works on a wide range of strategic and tactical projects that are critical to the operations and long term development of Cloudflare. From Cloudflare’s entry into China through a strategic partnership with one of China’s largest Internet companies; to conducting strategic acquisitions; managing our partnerships and relationships with the major cloud providers; and finding commercial opportunities for Cloudflare’s new products and technologies, we are involved at all levels of driving the company’s business strategy and development. The Special Projects team works with the executive level and across all teams in the company.
What you will do
We are looking for a talented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment to join the M&A and Strategy team in our Special Projects group. This person will collaborate on the execution and integration of acquisitions. This role will be highly cross-functional and will require working together with most teams across the organization. Candidates should have excelled and demonstrated top performance in investment banking, consulting and/or corporate development roles at a large technology company (or have bypassed all of those opportunities to do something even more amazing). We’re looking for a proactive individual with superb analytical and project management skills, who takes ownership over initiatives and drives execution with limited oversight.
- Develop and lead cross-functional post acquisition integration efforts
- Manage and execute the integration strategy for acquired companies
- Work with functional leaders to drive decision making, issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Proactively drive alignment across a diverse set of stakeholder groups, ranging from the M&A team to subject matter experts in various departments
- Build out and maintain the development of repeatable M&A integration playbooks
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and collaboratively institutionalize necessary changes
- Lead or support Change Management efforts with the goal of retaining employees and driving engagement
- Lead synergy tracking
- Support execution of pre acquisition due diligence efforts
- Help diligence and execute transactions (e.g. strategic partners, M&A)
- Execute advanced quantitative analyses and project planning, including bottoms-up operating models
- Synthesize diligence data to identify KPIs and trends that translate into actionable M&A insights
- Work with cross-functional teams (e.g. product, engineering, policy, communications, legal, finance, human resources) to operationalize recommendations
- Effectively collaborate and communicate results and insights with cross-functional teams by preparing polished presentations and identifying key takeaways
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
We are looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic person to manage the pre-and post-acquisition diligence and operations within the Special Projects team. The ideal candidate is flexible and comfortable in playing multiple roles (diplomat, negotiator, reporter, coach), facilitating multiple initiatives, and can manage change effectively.
- 5-10 years of work experience, including some combination of investment banking, management consulting, or corporate development
- Experience diligencing mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions
- Experience integrating acquisitions
- Experience in cross functional program management, change management
- Experience in enterprise technology is a plus
- Team-oriented, can-do attitude who is able to demonstrate operational excellence, identify issues and make recommendations to resolve
- The ability to manage multiple projects, drive outcomes, and improve process with every iteration
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location. For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $140,000 - $172,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.