Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Mailroom Coordinator is responsible for timely distribution of all incoming and outgoing mailings and parcels; including, opening, sorting, and distributing incoming mail, collecting outgoing mail, and maintaining electronic logs. Also may play a role in the achievement of the Key Performance Indicators and operational targets for the site, and perform duties with integrity & diligence in a professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess the process flow for mail room operations and development and implement enhancements as appropriate.
- Manage accountability for postage.
- Handle a high volume of mail, photocopying, and binding of presentation decks.
- Process, handle and maintain records for all incoming and outgoing courier and mail and any other deliveries as required to ensure proper routing and labeling.
- Provide solutions to problems associated with special requirements such as bulk mail and other special needs.
- Maintain all mail stops and package rooms as appropriate.
- Research and follow-up with clients regarding tracking mail and/or packages.
- Perform mailroom inspections and inventory supplies.
- Any other activities to support administration and/or site operations.
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, cooperation, performance excellence, and personal success.
- Support the day to day delivery of mail services on site in accordance with all agreed policies, procedures.
- Other duties that may include but are not limited to reception and guest support, mail and courier services, office supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organization skills are a must.
- Ability to high volume at a quick pace.
- At least one year experience in related skills applicable to corporate mailroom operations.
- Able to adequately perform required job functions including being able to lift 50lbs, bend and move in such a way as to perform job tasks in a safe and approved manner.
- A polished and professional client-facing demeanor; can comfortably manage clients with strong emotions or unreasonable timelines/deadlines.
- Attention to detail is required for handling sensitive mail and proper routing of mail.
- Good communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- 1-2 years of administrative or office experience in a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Self-motivated; confident, energetic and flexible.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Experience in office administrative work or mailroom work.
- Skill in customer service and communication, organization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and solve simple problems.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!