Mailroom Coordinator at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Mailroom Coordinator is responsible for timely distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail and parcels, including, opening, sorting, and distributing incoming mail, collecting outgoing mail, and maintaining electronic logs. Also, may play a role in the achievement of the Key Performance Indicators and operational targets for the site, and perform duties with integrity & diligence in a professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess the process flow for mail room operations; develop and implement enhancements as appropriate.
- Manage the day to day delivery of mail services on site in accordance with all agreed policies, procedures as well as postage.
- Coordinate with additional Amherst office locations to ensure timely delivery between locations and improve efficiency of mail going back and forth.
- Handle a high volume of mail, photocopying, and binding of presentation decks.
- Process, handle, and maintain records for all incoming and outgoing courier and mail and any other deliveries as required to ensure proper routing and labeling.
- Provide solutions to problems associated with special requirements such as bulk mail and other special needs.
- Maintain all mail stops and package rooms as appropriate.
- Research and follow-up regarding tracking mail and/or packages.
- Perform mailroom inspections and inventory supplies.
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, cooperation, and performance excellence.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to: reception support, office supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Assist in any other activities to support administration and/or site operation and perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Excellent organization, communication and attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to manage high volume of mail at a quick pace.
- At least one year experience in related skills applicable to corporate mailroom operations.
- Able to adequately perform required job functions in a safe and approved manner including ability to lift 50lbs
- A polished and professional demeanor
- Attention to detail; business judgement required to handle sensitive mail and proper routing of mail.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with little supervision.
- Self-motivated; confident, energetic and flexible.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Experience in office administrative work or mailroom work.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.