Manager, Behavioral Network Development at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Network Delivery Development team is responsible for partnering with our Care Partners to turn their provider networks into market leading integrated delivery systems. The Manager for Behavioral Network Development will be a leader on our team and will act as a thought leader for the entire organization. This position will play an integral role in driving the company’s performance by building, optimizing, and transforming our insurance networks for Behavioral Health Services. This position will be responsible for supporting Bright’s relationship development with key national, regional, and local network participants for Behavioral Health Services to be part of Bright’s insurance networks as well as for advancing reimbursement best practices alongside our Care Partners.
The Manager, Behavioral Network Development job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Owns the development and strategy for provider contracting efforts from start-to-finish, including but not limited to process oversight, strategic diligence, outreach, and contract negotiations with market leading Behavioral Health providers (facilities, physicians, Non-MD Behavioral and/or all types of Behavioral provider types).
- Lead and direct Bright Health Behavioral network development efforts across existing and new targeted expansion markets, partnering closely with market teams, sales, Health Optimization, and other Integrated Delivery Development functions. Lead development and research for further Telehealth expansion capability
- Coordinates via collaboration with our Care Partners to analyze, design, and develop Behavioral networks through ongoing evaluation of both current and potential network participants.
- Identifies new opportunities while supporting enhancement of Bright’s portfolio of strategic multi-regional Behavioral network partnerships to compliment local network development efforts.
- Manage ongoing Behavioral network participant participation and performance, including performance analytics and management as well as contract renewals and terminations. Establish and implement strategic Behavioral network optimization improvements as identified by Smart Networks
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization including but not limited to sales, finance, regulatory, medical management to drive strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Monitor utilization/trends for Behavioral non-participating providers and execute on organizational strategies to ensure members are seeking care with participating providers when appropriate.
- Accountable for leading negotiations with Care Partners for Behavioral Health Medical Services, as requested, and other sophisticated entities.
- Assess, manage, and develop network development team members to support achievement of network development goals.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for some Network Strategy/Development employees.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, healthcare administration, or a related field is required; extensive relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Seven (7) years of Health Care Industry experience, with at least five (5) years of experience in network development, network management, or reimbursement model design required within Behavioral Health Services.
- Three (3) years prior management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with successfully executing and implementing payer-provider contracts or partnerships required.
- Experience with developing, presenting and analyzing various types of financial analyses in order to make informed strategic decisions required.
- Desire and ability to move quickly between strategic leadership, tactical execution, and managing analytics
- Knowledge of managed care practices and procedures, specifically in contracting language and negotiations. Provider relations is preferred
- Ability to effectively engage providers, ranging from national providers to regional integrated delivery systems to local physician practices
- Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in parallel to completion
- Superb written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external executive leadership
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.