Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are seeking an experienced leader to mature our Migrations program and systems, mentor and develop our team to reach its fullest potential, and champion initiatives that bring Atlassian's core value of "Don't #@!% the customer" to life throughout the organization! If you are passionate about creating an ideal customer experience, enjoy scaling teams, and thrive in collaborative environments, then we need you!
We are searching for a Team Manager of Cloud Migrations that will be at the forefront of helping a team of Cloud Migration Managers guide our customers through their migration journey, helping them understand their options, and optimally plan for how to migrate their Atlassian software instance (Jira, Confluence, etc.) from their On-Premise environment to Atlassian Cloud.
More about you
The Cloud Migration program is evolving and is in a high-growth phase. As a result, you and your team will wear many hats. The ideal candidate has experience growing and scaling project management, or professional service teams. They'll be a strategic leader to help the company achieve its results-oriented migration OKRs, pushing forward major initiatives and strategy for tooling, documentation, and process with cross-functional peers and senior leaders. To do this effectively and represent the voice of our customers, they'll also be engaged with customers along with their team, fully trained on the migrations standard methodologies, workflows, and challenges that our customers are experiencing.
As a Team Manager, you'll be responsible for supervising and supporting:
- The operational management of the Cloud Migrations Management team including reporting on team health and coaching on adherence to metrics and goals
- Support and management of any needed customer critical issues to quickly resolve customer issues and blockers
- Ongoing partnership with cross-functional teams in Product, Sales, Channel, Technical Support, Marketing, and Customer Success.
- Communicate customer trends and feedback to internal teams to drive improvements to the product, or highlight gaps in documentation, positive/negative impacts of concurrent initiatives, and more
- OKR and metrics management for the Migrations impact within the migration strategy, including but not limited to 1) Ensuring the high completion rate of migrations, 2) Increased referrals for migrations by customers, 3) Operational efficiencies like the reduction of time spent during migration when engaged by Migrations
- Staff allocation planning, headcount and performance management
- Cloud Migrations Manager performance assessments and development
- Brainstorm and develop strategic recommendations for how to improve the migration experience for our customers; and own 3-6 month strategy for large scale company initiatives
- Envision and run experiments to test and learn new strategies for improving the customer migration experience and growing the impact of our program.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years in a relevant customer-facing field within an Enterprise software company, Professional Service company, or Consulting
- 4+ years of people management experience;
- Proven track record in taking customer insights from the field to inspire change, including influencing cross-functional teams and leaders
- Comfort in driving tooling and process improvements, and automation
- Strong project management skills and ability to be self-motivated for up to weeks at a time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on sophisticated cross-functional projects
- Experience in influencing and navigating decision-makers across matrixed organizational systems
- Proven track record of handling conflict and working through it to gain alignment when presented with unclear expectations, roles, and/or team dynamics
- Experience helping an organization adopt an Atlassian product or similar
- Analytical skills to identify and articulate themes from customer data
- Proven discernment to partner with business analyst resources to develop a reporting and analytics strategy, including the development of executive-level reporting
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience starting a team from scratch and maturing it over time
- PMP or Professional services certification or acreditation
- Experience working with DevOps or IT teams
- Experience working within Migrations-related programs
- Tableau, Redash, or other analytics platform and data management experience
More about our team
Cloud Migrations Managers team partners with our customers to help them achieve their goals with our products through the transition from on-premise to cloud. Identifying and mitigating risk when customers encounter obstacles on their journey, evangelizing standard methodologies, and delivering insights to the business are at the heart of what we do.
CMMs offer strategic end-to-end project management guidance to our customers, partner closely with solution partners, and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to achieve a single objective- help out customers land in cloud successfully.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .