Manager, Content Support at A Cloud Guru
LEADERSHIP | CUSTOMER FOCUSED | GROWTH MINDSET
As a Manager of Content Support at A Cloud Guru, you will be responsible for leading and growing a team of Content Support Managers. The team's focus is to provide A++ support in relation to student success and engagement through content ratings. Content Support is the front line support to students who are experiencing issues with content or requiring extra help or support for completing content. Our support function is run through ZenDesk tickets or through community forums. Assuring student’s success is of the utmost importance at A Cloud Guru and you will play a huge part in that!Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
At ACG, you have the chance to help people change the trajectory of their lives. The chance to create the learning that helps businesses stay in business. The chance to teach the WORLD to cloud, all while working some magic for your own career along the way. Being able to deliver quality content infused with personality and a human touch is the core of what we do as a business. What we do for our learners is serious business, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. It's all about bringing insatiable curiosity to our roles every day and leaving everything we touch just a little bit more awesome.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity. Who we work with is as important as what we do.What makes the Content Team awesome...
Who says learning something technical has to be a snooze? With a human touch, the world’s leading cloud gurus, and a few LEGO bricks, we’re giving people the skills they need to move up in their careers and change their lives… and having a bit of fun along the way. Behind the scenes, our content team is supportive and encouraging. Always pushing the person next to them to dream a little bigger, and offering a hand when help is needed.
We're given the freedom to try things out, and set our own agenda, and leave our mark on the company. - Nick, Lead Educational Design ArchitectAs the Manager, Content Support at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Lead the Content Support team (team of ICs, including tier 1 - 3 support tickets that are created through our platform ratings system and through CX supporting teams.
- Mentor and support team members to improve in their roles and ultimately leading a group of ~10 people.
- Motivate & nurture the Content Support team; monitor and continually improve team health, culture and take people along the journey when instituting change.
- Proactively coach team members and provide feedback through 1:1s to support continual career growth and development.
- Develop strong working relationships within the team and across the organization.
- Support management from an operational standpoint; hiring plans, team OKRs, projects and initiatives, reporting and metrics.
- Contribute to strategic and key projects and initiatives that will support meeting and exceeding team and departmental OKRs.
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new hires.
- Collaborate with management on key metrics to measure progress against team objectives. Use analytics and research to understand the why behind results and inform decision making.
- Collaborate with management on the team health metric and report on team health metrics weekly, monthly, quarterly, half, and yearly.
- Own and drive the continuous improvement of processes within the team through working with the team to create internal team standards documentation.
- Create an environment that encourages ideas for improvement and solutions-driven feedback on team communication standards and processes.
- Lead stand-ups, retrospectives and other team meetings.
- Effectively use written, verbal and visual communication to facilitate technical discussion and share ideas
- Play an active role in building an awesome team culture.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Engage with and support the ACG learning community
- QA and update content
- Aggregate feedback to inform the content development strategy
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3+ years experience managing people in a high growth support team environment
- 6+ years of technical experience/support experience
- 2+ years Zendesk experience (or comparable support ticketing system)
- Experience working with a remote geo-dispersed team
- Experience working in an organization that has seen significant scale or growth
- Excellent stakeholder management and leadership ability
- Strong experience exploring and identifying solutions to complex problems
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Remote first environment. Feel connected to your coworkers with events inspired by our values, weekly virtual happy hours, and lunchtime trivia.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development.
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.