Manager Corporate IT
WHO ARE WE?
Personify is the leading solution provider that empowers the best constituent-focused organizations to succeed. Through our constituent engagement software and services, we help our clients better interact with their constituents at every touch point. After 20+ years of innovation within the industry and hundreds of successful outcomes, our clients have trusted us to be their primary technology partner.
• Provide day-to-day technical and managerial leadership to the Corp IT team including coaching, team building, mentoring, and technical guidance.
• Lead architect for corporate infrastructure • Contribute to the continuous improvement and build-out of IT process, policies and procedures while maintaining current process and standards.
• Suggest technologies and processes to improve IT services • Manage hardware and software lifecycles for managed infrastructure.
• Ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and requirements are prioritized across multiple stakeholders.
• Support department wide budget forecasting within Corp IT.
• Support SOC and PCI audits compliance process and procedures.
• Ability to present data and metrics to upper management and cross-functional peer groups
• Be a voice and ongoing contributor in weekly and monthly IT management meetings
• Collaborate on the integration of new technologies through close teamwork with infrastructure architects, application developers and application support teams
• Investigate and document new technologies, tools and methodologies to improve system stability and reliability, and advance systems administration procedures across all teams
• Contribute feedback to defining policies and procedures in the areas of Disaster Recovery, Enterprise Backups, Systems Management, Monitoring and Systems Administration/Security, Build Standards, and Server Build Automation
• System performance tuning and troubleshooting based on collected system and network statistics
• Mentor, guide and lead a diverse team of employees
• Manage team schedules ensuring adequate coverage
• Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft domains, including administration of Active Directory and Group Policy
• Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization
• Experience with RADIUS authentication for secure wireless networking and VPN authentication Skills, Education, and Experience
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Manage 3rd party vendors
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; will consider a combination of experience and education
• 10+ years of direct management of system administrators and infrastructure
• 7-10 years of design and implementation skills for corporate infrastructure
• Strong passion for providing superior world class infrastructure and customer support
• Ability to work cross-functionally with other technical teams
• Proactive, independent thinker possessing a high attention to detail
• Strong ability to consistently follow through with projects
• Expert communication skills, both verbal and written
•7 years of experience with the Microsoft stack including SharePoint and Office 365
• 7 years of experience with networking
• Solid understanding of security as it applies to Microsoft technologies
• A commitment to continuing education to strengthen skills and broaden expertise
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities