Manager, Customer Success Management at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Manager, Customer Success Management for our Austin Four Points office. In this exciting role you will supervise and lead a team of awesome Customer Success Managers who consult and advise the most exciting and fastest-growing merchants in eCommerce. You will develop and coach the team to provide industry-leading advocacy, drive client revenue growth, and help our clients Sell More!
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a Customer Success Management team in our Austin office. You will be responsible for the development, performance, and execution of processes that achieve required service levels related to customer retention, satisfaction, and cost. for your team.
- Develop systems and controls to scale and grow a team while achieving repeatable quality client outcomes.
- Manage the daily operations of your Customer Success Management team with a particular focus on developing team members and strategies that drive incremental improvement, operational excellence that continually result in increasing the value delivered to clients.
- Collaborate and develop measurable outputs related to cross-functional relationships with the following organizations and expectations:
- Marketing: Develop repeatable feedback loops that provide customer insights and referenceable customers
- Sales: Ensure meaningful handoff and transitions post-sale
- Business Development: Work in partnership with Business Development teams to ensure solutions are developed that maximize the potential for customer success.
- Work with global leaders in Professional Services and Support leadership teams in continuous process improvement as required.
- Execute communication procedures with enterprise accounts, including but not limited to customer cadence, strategic business reviews, product improvements, and escalations.
- Ensure your team is equipped to address enterprise client concerns promptly, leveraging resources from within the organization as appropriate.
- Advocate on behalf of your team for enterprise clients with internal teams, external stakeholders and the executive team to facilitate client success.
- Responsibilities include the participation in a team that recruits, hires, develops and retains best in class talent.
- Work closely with training and human resources teams to provide appropriate career growth opportunities for team members.
Who You Are:
- 1+ years experience in Management of Account/Customer Success Management teams in an Enterprise software or SaaS organization preferred
- 3-5 years experience as a Sr Account/Customer Success Manager required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with eCommerce preferred
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma preferred
- Ability to evaluate, measure, mentor, transform and inspire a diverse existing team
- Be passionate in helping team members grow and succeed
- Own the client experience and outcomes, and inspire and hold team members accountable to the same
- Achieve monthly and quarterly business success outcomes
- Be a great collaborator and respected partner
- Build intra-company relationships to address challenges and take advantage of opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and an ability to provide concise and appropriate feedback to the leadership team that results in greater efficiency and understanding
- Exemplify the BigCommerce values and mojo
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.