Manager of Customer Success at A Cloud Guru
CUSTOMER-FOCUSED | INSPIRING | COACH
As a Manager of Customer Success at A Cloud Guru, you'll manage a team of Senior CSMs & Strategic CSMs who own the post-sale customer relationship for our B2B Enterprise side of the business. You will oversee the performance of your team and work as a player/coach to ensure an excellent customer experience for all of our accounts. You will be responsible for crafting new plays, up-leveling your team and rolling up your sleeves to help build an exceptional experience both internally and externally.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
At ACG, you have the chance to help people change the trajectory of their lives. The chance to help businesses stay in business. The chance to teach the WORLD to cloud, all while working some magic for your own career along the way. At ACG, we make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. 2 million down, 7 billion (give or take) to go.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity. Who we work with is as important as what we do.What makes the Customer Experience team awesome...
We’re lucky to serve a loyal base of gurus who are super passionate about ACG. They like actually like us. We do all we can to let them know the feeling is mutual — like showering them with swag or sending individual videos to help learners celebrate getting certified. Keeping it fun is such a big part of our team's culture. We take our jobs seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We're just a random bunch of humans that came together to have fun and help others.
There is no stifling of ideas or individuality. Your ideas are very much welcomed and encouraged. - Kellie, Cookies Guru (and Senior Customer Success Manager)As a Manager of Customer Success at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Learn new technologies quickly and deliver A Cloud Guru’s value proposition
- Engage with key stakeholders post-sales, driving customer on-boarding, adoption, satisfaction and ensuring retention
- Facilitate weekly 1:1s providing coaching, feedback, direction and skill-upleveling
- Know the strengths of your team members and actively encourage their development
- Develop best practices for customer onboarding, engagement and ultimate renewal
- Hone in on customer trends and scenarios to continuously evolve those best practices
- Effectively manage your team to meet and exceed key retention & usage goals
- Be the voice of customers internally and advocate improvement in every aspect of the B2B customer experience
- Be a part of the creation of our new Strategic Accounts team including process creation
We are looking for someone who can:
- Maintain a deep understanding of ACG product offerings and speak with customers about the most relevant features for their specific business needs
- Focus on evolving current customer processes for scale
- Leverage data to inform onboarding improvements to shorten the time to value
- Identify process needs and efficiencies across the team and our customers
- Showcase a tenacious focus on driving long-term value for customer
- Build a team that provides world-class service to customers
- Hire, train, and develop team members
- Lead with professionalism, approachability, humility and humor
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3+ years of experience as a Manager across Enterprise teams in Customer Success or Account Management
- Proven track record of managing teams, driving high performance and inspiring team's actions
- Experience growing and scaling teams, including coaching and hiring
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to develop relationships quickly
- Experience delivering on key Customer Success metrics
- Start-up or SaaS experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Remote first environment. Feel connected to your coworkers with events inspired by our values, weekly virtual happy hours, and lunchtime trivia.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.