Manager, Education Services
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Education Services Delivery Manager will manage the personnel of a dynamic and growing team of 8+ training professionals. This position will have accountability and responsibility for the well being of a team of education instructors who are geographically located in the US and Canada. This position is also responsible for the professional development and career mentoring of the Education Services staff.
Blackbaud's Educational Services staff is recognized as leaders in the industry in onsite instruction, virtual training, and e-learning. Our instructors are experts in both Blackbaud products, non-profit industry best practices and instructional approaches. Our team's first-hand knowledge of non-profit operations ensures each learning experience provides the skills our clients need to take full advantage of our technology's potential.
- Staff Management
- Recruiting and retention of staff
- Act as liaison between HR and staff
- Conduct performance reviews
- Time and expense approval
- Training of new hires and continuing education of existing staff
- Administration of annual raises, promotions, market adjustments and bonuses
- Recruitment, certification and oversight of independent contractors
- Management of client relations issues as they pertain to Instructor performance
- Analyze and maintain the proper skill mix of current resources
- Oversee the scheduling and utilization of all resources
- Create and submit monthly revenue and expense forecast
- Conduct the necessary month-end close activities associated with the business
- Scheduling of regional training classes working with clients and sales to determine demand
- Determine class communication and other promotional materials
- Liaison between Education Services practice and sales team
- Implements effective communication plan and operating rhythm for the team
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a technical training business in a professional services environment
- Background in Professional Services Consulting or Enterprise Project Delivery work is preferred
- Excellent Project Management, Communication and Stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in both Enterprise and SaaS software deployments and training
- At least 3 years' experience in a management role
- Proven track-record of developing staff and driving business unit performance
- Willingness to travel as required
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.