Manager, Education Services
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a seasoned professional to lead the day to day operations of the Education Services team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability including building reporting and managing team metrics using SFDC.
What You’ll Do
- Recruit, manage, motivate, and coach the team to maximize their individual potential and professional growth as well as the ability to function effectively as a team.
- Build a culture of accountability and urgency by transparently leveraging metrics and reporting to drive the right behaviors.
- Enforce repeatable processes and best practices that consistently deliver a world-class educational experience. Managing training action plans with enterprise merchants, agency partners, Professional Services, and sales before, during, and after learning sessions.
- Work with the L&D and Professional Services teams to manage scheduling and administration of training - including Learning Management System administration - for BigCommerce customers who have purchased Education Services packaged offerings
- Lead our team of trainers providing new hire and continuing education to BigCommerce staff on processes, product, competitive knowledge, and soft skills necessary to achieve success
- Effectively manages team members, including training specialists and eCommerce Growth Coaches, to ensure team objectives and delivery goals are being carried out
- Displays extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and company services offered
- Offers exemplary customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring repeat customers by upselling products and services and taking care of any customer concerns or complaints quickly and professionally
- Monitors department issues and merchant complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues
- Regularly audits work being done and customer service being provided to ensure all standards are met and that all services are carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly
- Evaluate learning content and make recommendations about best delivery models
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the BigCommerce platform features, benefits and differentiators
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders; in particular Professional Services, Sales, and Agency partner teams
- Continuously discover and implement new learning techniques and industry best practices to maximize efficiency and drive learning through engaging, instructive, and professional training
- Works closely with, mentors, develops and coaches L&D trainers via in-person meetings and remotely monitors performance metrics
- Provides input to the Director of Learning & Organizational Development on employee performance, individual struggles, unique strengths, and overall morale; provide reporting and analysis on key performance metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Active participant in interview team for new team members as needed
Who You Are
- 3 years experience in leading teams in an Enterprise software or SaaS organization.
- 5-7 years combined experience in SaaS platforms; ideally with a focus in one or more of the following areas: product training (strongly preferred), customer service, content creation, development, or instructional design
- Ability to evaluate, measure, mentor, transform and inspire a diverse existing team
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Computer Sciences, Instructional Design, or equivalent experience preferred
- Be passionate in helping team members grow and succeed
- Own the client experience and outcomes, and inspire and hold team members accountable to the same.
- Build intra-company relationships to address challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the business verbally and in writing
- Be well-spoken and provide concise and appropriate feedback to the leadership team that results in greater efficiency and understanding
- Demonstrated success leading corporate software training programs
- Orientation to consistent, high-quality execution
- Passion for creating and delivering training content that utilizes cutting-edge adult learning theory methodologies and best practices
- Confidence and courage to work with all internal and external stakeholders; from C-Suite to individual contributor
- Excellent organizational skills (i.e. particularly with regard to managing your projects and time independently in ambiguous and/or rapidly changing environments)
- Ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple internal stakeholders in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel (25%)- Globally
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.