Manager, Global Partner Success Operations
We are seeking a highly motivated Manager to lead and start the new Operations Excellence team within the Global Partner Success Operations (GPSO) organization. This position calls for a unique blend of agile mastery, project management experience, and process improvement expertise. As the leader of this team and in partnership with your peers, you will strive to enable world-class operations by finding opportunities for improvement through people, process, and technology. This new role is responsible for designing, creating, and implementing best in class frameworks that will enable our global organization to unlock value. Your ideas, expertise, and passion will be instrumental in the value and success of this new team.
What You'll Do:
- Build a capability in process improvement and operational excellence to improve the quality, consistency, and efficiency of our GPSO products
- Focus on developing frameworks, leading prioritization sessions, learning best practices across the org, and partnering with stakeholders and internal GPSO team members to identify business needs with high-value opportunity
- Create strategic alignment of processes and projects that involve more than one team to deliver the key result
- Project manage complex cross-team initiatives; while partnering effectively with project stakeholders to solve business needs
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques. Drive alignment on course corrections when needed, and communicate progress to partners; immediately raise unknown blockers/risks to leadership.
- Lead and augment our capabilities around collecting and using data and insights to guide process improvements and fast decision-making
- Become an expert in our products and seek out opportunities for identifying improvements utilizing lean and six sigma techniques
- Ensure the sharing and driving of best practices and lesson learned. Develop communication vehicle for sharing and repository for reference.
- Thoughtfully structure and implement processes and solutions to help our dynamic teams efficiently organize, prioritize, track, and measure their work
- Partner with the team to develop value stream maps of our key operations and business processes
- Establish, lead, and maintain Operational Excellence programs to empower GPSO team members and Partner Success stakeholders to lead initiatives with the correct prioritization and defined deliveries
- Serve as a mentor/coach to others and share new methodologies, ideas, and processes to facilitate operational excellence
Who You Are:
- You are an extraordinary people leader and enjoy coaching others in the areas of critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving curiosity
- You have an eye towards simplicity and standard methodologies
- You are passionate about continuous improvement and raising the bar towards excellence
- You understand that the goal of operational excellence is not rules or process, but a better delivery of our products through efficiency, standardization, and flexibility where applicable
- You enjoy collaborating with leadership to develop strategies and get results
- You love helping teams achieve goals through identifying improvements
- You demonstrate a positive attitude in the face of difficult or challenging situations
- You take initiative and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated results in Operational or Business Excellence roles
- 5+ years of experience with program or project management in a technology organization
- Highly agile mindset; ability to stay organized and excel in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent analytical abilities; able to dig into complex processes and data to help inform decisions.
- Proven ability to guide initiatives, leading to greater process efficiency, visibility and organizational leverage
- Impeccable communication skills and customer-centric mindset
- Demonstrated experience building project plans and presenting insights, impact, and potential challenges to senior leaders
- Business process improvement experience
- Bachelor's degree required
Standout candidates may also bring:
- Project Management certification
- Business Process Improvement certification
- Scrum/Agile certification
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.