Manager, IT Security Engineering
HomeAway is looking for a talented and highly motivated IT Security Engineering Manager to join the Global IT Security Team. This roll will lead our Security Engineering efforts and provide support to ensure that we are operating to the highest security standards. The right candidate is expected to be well-organized, team driven and a dynamic multi-tasker, including running a small Team and leading the way for expanding our security program. This role requires maintaining and improving ongoing systems and being the thought leader with all security engineering efforts. This position requires extensive experience in operationalizing new security technologies, integrating security tooling with Security Operations, and maintaining strategic relationships across the company. The right candidate will have a consistent track record of planning, project management, implementations, integrations, maintenance and monitoring of security technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for leading the IT Security Engineering Team, including contractors.
- Responsible for setting the vision and strategy around security infrastructure and engineering.
- Responsible for datacenter and cloud security visibility fabrics.
- Develop operational processes around: being proactive vs reactive, & defense in depth strategies.
- Responsible for developing& deploying new security technologies.
- Responsible for Security Operations integrations and data insights.
- Responsible for developing advanced metrics, scorecards, and dashboards.
- Participate in project teams providing security requirements where needed.
- Work on process improvements including: development of new tools, automation, and integrations.
- Responsible for various aspects of the incident response processes.
- Responsible for designing and operationalizing all aspects of our security infrastructure.
- Responsible for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done. This is a hands-on position.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience working in a security role with certifications like CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, etc.
- Previous experience with leading tactical teams.
- Strong understanding of network security, operating systems, web application security, incident response, security engineering, authentication, authorization, security protocols, and cryptography.
- Strong understand of cloud security programs, visibility and insights beyond compliance reporting.
- Strong understanding of security event types, structured and unstructured data.
- Deep understanding of DevOps Security tooling and other monitoring platforms.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols).
- Must be an effective communicator and a team player who works well with team members, other IT teams, business partners, and various vendors.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
- Experience working with complex, sophisticated environments.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.