Manager, NA Trust & Safety Operations
Are you interested in helping people take their dream vacations by providing trust & safety support. Vrbo is an exciting, international company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are seeking a strong operations leader to add to our existing team.
This role will be based at Vrbo’s headquarters in Austin, TX.
As a member of our Trust and Safety team, you will have tenured managers and operational agents reporting directly to you across functional groups. You will have the opportunity to form strong relationships with a variety of teams within Expedia Group.
The department will include operations groups spanning from fraud identification and prevention to marketplace standard operations and policy adherence.
You will also manage tactical responses to events related to the Vrbo marketplace/community while serving as the point of a critical issue as needed You should be detail-oriented, strategic thinker, passionate about delivering value, and an excellent problem-solver.Role Responsibilities
- Manage trust and safety operations, including fraud, abuse, and misuse, such, marketplace policy violations, account security for both sides of the marketplace
- Report on the business metrics associated to managing risk and addressing customer concerns.
- Craft and implement creative solutions to gain efficiencies while reducing risk and incident rates, track, measure and report the impact of these initiatives.
- Provide leadership and support in the implementation of fraud detection and risk reduction processes.
- Drive process optimization and implement new strategies to improve the marketplace operations.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance in the management of operations.
- Lead Vrbo crisis operations team, responses and major incident responses.
- Ensure crisis events are efficiently and effectively handled, taking appropriate action to address the issues raised and introduce long-term improvements.
- Participate in periodic security compliance, privacy requirements including risk assessments for new products or services.
- Understanding of marketplace legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and report any breaches when identified.
- Review all internal and external touchpoints to the risk procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and to minimize losses.
- Conduct regular operational reviews of operational groups, with a view to ensuring continuous improvement and ongoing standard methodology.
- Enable team members to have the right level of capability, skills, and knowledge to successfully achieve high levels of customer happiness and service targets.
- Aware of and apply all company policies and procedures to ensure service standards are met.
- Partner with Risk, Development, Training and Content and Operational Team Managers to ensure all operational processes are optimized to reach the best possible outcome for Vrbo customers.
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends and emerging issues in the trust and safety space especially and offer solutions to support global trust and safety strategies.
- University degree or equivalent, or 4+ years of management experience or a similar role with the industry.
- 3+ years of direct experience working within a risk management, trust & safety organization; within a marketplace is helpful.
- Experience leading a high-performing team and building relationships with multi-functional teams.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding target results in a similar environment.
- Ability to quickly identify problems, thoroughly analyze them and deliver feasible solutions.
- Technical knowledge and experience related to cybercrime and online investigations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with an emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business and internal teams.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language; other languages desirable.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.