Manager, Network Infrastructure
About the role:
Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations (IECO) is transforming into a best-in-class organization optimized for our modern cloud solutions. As a Network Manager in IECO, you’ll lead a team of Network Engineers responsible for our public and private cloud infrastructure. You’ll focus on quality and process while advancing our automation and engineering capabilities to deliver a highly scalable, reliable, secure and performant platform that delights our customers. Also, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cultivate a diverse, high-performing team that develops, recognizes and retains the best people and challenges them to advance their technical and engineering skills to meet the demands of rapidly evolving technologies.
- Direct daily 24x7 operations of the team; enforcing priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational effectiveness metrics and ensuring problems are identified and resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of relevant infrastructure technologies and methodologies to expedite the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems
- Lead network team in technical design, planning, and in predictably and efficiently delivering on our commitments within assigned responsibilities on time, on budget and with high quality.
- Navigate and contribute to the intersection of engineering and operations, driving automation to increase efficiency and reliability.
- Effectively collaborate in vendor engagements to expand our workforce capacity as needed.
- Foster a culture that leverages metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in an engineering function.
- Minimum of 5 years of infrastructure leadership supporting large and complex 24x7 environments.
- CCIE preferred.
- Expert level infrastructure experience spanning network, storage and compute.
- Minimum of 3 years in the implementation of cloud technologies preferred.
- Experience establishing and managing vendor relationships required.
- Experience working with large and geographically distributed teams required.
- Practical experience with ITIL required; lean and agile methodologies preferred.
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents.