Manager - Smart Networks at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Our Network team is responsible for partnering with our Care Partners to turn their provider networks into market leading integrated delivery systems. The Manager, Networks Strategy will be responsible for the oversight of Bright Health’s network strategy for network development, curation, and optimization. This role will be accountable for driving the company’s performance by defining and building our best practices for high-performing network design, prioritizing network development priorities across active and new markets, and advancing other strategic initiatives. This role will collaborate with other teams at Bright, including market development, market leadership, product distribution, operations, analytics, legal, and finance.
The Manager, Network Strategy job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to the following:
- Manage Network Strategy team members and support strategy and network development efforts.
- Drive advancement of network design strategy, overseeing development of proprietary Bright standards, alignment to regulatory requirements, and evaluation of development needs across both active and new markets.
- Set performance standards for Network and Market teams regarding network construction for active and new markets, partnering cross-functionally to advance Bright’s performance and footprint.
- Build proprietary Bright standards for quality and access that encompasses individual, practice, and overall downstream ecosystem performance for providers and facilities.
- Scope, develop, and manage plan design and process of new market network construction, including but not limited to initial diligence and prioritization based on network development progress.
- Assess and optimize active market networks performance utilizing internal access and quality metrics, identifying year over year growth and opportunities for advancement, and standardizing best practices.
- Monitor and evaluate all market networks against regulatory standards to inform market viability and risks.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead new market entry, expansion, and ongoing monitoring.
- Partner with other Network teams to drive process improvement and optimization across contracting, credentialing, provider data implementation, and active market management.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on network and cross-functional initiatives to ensure enterprise-level initiatives advance our relationship with our provider partners.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for some members of the Network Strategy team.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required. Mathematics, Economics, Healthcare or other quantitative discipline preferred.
- A Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business or a related field is preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Healthcare is required
- Two (2) or more years of experience with successfully executing and implementing payer-provider contracts or partnerships is required
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple people and projects in parallel.
- Strong organizational design capabilities with the ability to creatively and strategically structure complex problems.
- Mission driven and motivated to work with a bias toward action, sense of urgency, and self-initiative
- Experience with MS Excel functions that include working with large data sets, creating standardized reports, utilizing vLookups and advanced functions/ formulas, creating, using and interpreting pivot tables, filtering and formatting.
- Strong data querying skills using tools such as MS Access, SQL, and SAS Enterprise Guide required
- Ability to prepare dashboards and presenting data using a data visualization tool such as Tableau and Power BI
- Ability to organize and collaborate on internal and external-facing projects across cross-functional teams
- Strong teaching and mentorship capabilities to support team members’ personal and professional development
- Responsible for training new employees and developing existing employees.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Is an effective communicator. Internally, leads 1:1 and small groups of people in meetings. Capable of developing agenda, setting objectives, driving clarity of purpose and delivering the intended results. Can clearly articulate an inspiring goal/objective for each teammate and define success.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.