Manager, Systems Engineering - Duo Security at Duo Security
Who We Are…
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud. Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Duo SE (Consulting Systems Engineer) team is a makeup of customer-centric engineers that love providing prospects and customers with an amazing experience. We are focused on ensuring technical success with Duo. We work as a team to improve and strengthen our technical and sales skills. We believe in the importance of making a large impact at Duo by working closely with our customers, sales, product, engineering, R&D, marketing, support and customers success teams.
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting Systems Engineering Manager role open within our Duo Security Sales team! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a real passion for delivering elite technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. This is an ideal position for someone who has validated leadership skills and related industry and technical expertise to advance their career in a highly regarded leadership role. As part of your DNA, you are an ambitious, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that improve Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco’s Security Architecture, articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, and build the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out to details:
- You will lead highly hardworking Security Consulting Systems Engineering (CSE) and Technical Solutions Architect (TSA) teams focused on multiple markets including but not limited to Enterprise and Fortune 100
- Plan technical direction, identify expertise to grow the team as needed and facilitate key partnerships between cross-functional teams, partner and customer organizations
- You will position the Security solutions portfolio to the field sales teams, partners and customers
- Recruit and retain the best people, as well as coach and develop staff, provide performance management, development planning, salary planning, technical training, and mentor CSEs/TSAs
- Work closely with Regional Sales Manager business partner to drive operational excellence with their Security team
- Anticipate changes in the opportunities, market, customer needs and requirements that could impact the overall revenue target opportunity.
- This is an excellent opportunity to apply your sales and technical leadership experience, work with the industry's most talented professionals, along with the industry's most innovative solutions.
- Serve as the subject matter authority in Cisco Security Solutions
Who You’ll Work With…
In this role as SEM, you will provide mentorship and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs. In this position, you will work with technology experts to help them position Duo Security’s two-factor authentication product solution effectively against competitive offerings.
Who You Are…
- You have 10+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience within networking technology industry, with at least 5 years in Security specialization experience with IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, SSL, two-factor authentication and Single Sign-On, Advanced Malware Protection technologies
- You possess 7+ years of experience leading people, operations, program management, and strategy development
- You bring an advanced understanding of Cybersecurity trends in the Enterprise space including new products and solutions
- You have a consistent track record of high performance and strong leadership skills
- You possess a strong executive presence and shown ability to present strategic information to a wide range of audiences
- Strong collaboration, influencing and facilitation skills. Proven ability to influence and lead outside of organization and across roles and functions.
- Works independently and participates primarily with senior management and executives
- You love working in a multifaceted changing environment
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Why Cisco Security
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Cisco acquired Duo in part to boost our Security unit as well as to help Cisco along as we transition from a focus on hardware sales of networking gear, like routers and switches, to software subscriptions. Duo’s technology is a highly strategic addition to Cisco’s portfolio and will help accelerate our intent-based networking strategy by: Extending intent-based networking into multi-cloud environments; simplify policy for cloud security and expanding endpoint visibility coverage.
In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.