Manager of Technical Communication (Remote) at Liquibase
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced Manager of Technical Communication to lead our team of technical writers. You should have a passion for excellence, commitment to customer satisfaction, and a strong technical aptitude. As part of the engineering organization, you and your team will create comprehensive, user-friendly documentation.
At Liquibase, we value individual freedom and embrace remote work. We hire internationally, based on merit, to create a diverse team of top-performing people no matter where they live. As a global team, we still highly value collaboration and expect everyone to work similar hours (at least 4 hours overlap with the team in US Central Time).What you’ll do
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, architects, and customer-facing support and services teams as stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Create a technical documentation framework - standards and glossaries - for other writers to follow that can also be easily adopted by different technical products, services, and web applications.
- Experience directing more junior technical writers, editing their work and guiding improvements.
- Plan, develop, organize, review and maintain technical documentation in the form of user guides, quick starts, tutorials, concepts, best practices, API guides, FAQs etc.
- Build and maintain customer aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as videos, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the products, services and tools to translate complex product information into simple engaging content for technical audiences with different skill levels.
- Evaluate the current documentation available and develop an innovative approach for improvements.
- Work efficiently, prioritize, multitask, and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Collect and monitor metrics on the usage of technical documentation produced.
- 4-year degree in English or a technical field.
- 6+ years of proven technical writing experience.
- 2+ years experience managing a team of technical writers.
- Experience writing content supporting software applications using a CMS.
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Excellent writing, production, communication and technical editing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding across a wide range of technology domains, application frameworks, and be able to quickly grasp interrelationships across of various disciplines
- Track record of effective collaboration.
- Passionate, self-driven, creative problem solver with a can-do attitude.
You will be expected to produce a portfolio of your work when interviewing for this position.Nice to Have
- 2+ years of experience and domain knowledge in Liquibase, DevOps, or Databases.
- Experience creating visuals and diagrams to more clearly communicate workflow processes and abstract topics.
- Experience with Madcap Flare.
- A fully remote workforce - we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- 401K (US-only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company