Manager of Technical Operations at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, you'll be working in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
The Manager will lead and manage the Technical Operations (TechOps) team with the goal of providing the LogicMonitor service in a reliable and sustainable way for our customers. The Manager, reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, is responsible for the management of the TechOps team reporting into the manager. The manager will lead by example with proactive communication, attention to detail, and excellent follow through. The Manager will own the department's recruiting, collaborate with the Engineering team and other TechOps counterparts, report Service Level Indicators (SLIs), and be responsible for building a culture of the TechOps team that embodies a dedication to building reliable infrastructure, personal performance excellence, team participation, team retention and accountability.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Manage On-Call rotation and practices with the goal of reducing both Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR) and employee burnout
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight of TechOps personnel
- Provide guidance and direction, plan quarterly performance objectives, ensure adequate staffing, manage personnel
issues and performance, etc.
- Provide regular reporting of Service Disruptions as well as follow-through on work to prevent repeat recurrence
- Ensure all team members have a published job description including scorecard items.
- Participate as a member of the engineering management team
- Interface with Information Security team as necessary to validate project security requirements
- Manage multiple large and technically complex projects across teams
- Ownership of the new-hire process
- In conjunction with the Director, maintain the balance between planned and unplanned activities, help
with task prioritization and assignment
- In a boots on the ground role, make decisions, build consensus, escalate, and communicate as appropriate to
facilitate the success of a project, and the success and cohesiveness of the team and the company.
- Provide direct technical guidance to help team members achieve goals and improve their productivity.
- Assist with Cost Management (AWS and other 3rd party vendors)
- 1-5 years in a Manager or Team Lead role
- 5-8 years working in Senior Operations positions, overseeing technical teams
- A track record of providing leadership and inspiration to team members, maintaining a positive trajectory, and driving
to constantly improve results
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a track record of improving documentation and processes
- A track record of solving complex problems
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity with ease
- Ability to grasp the big picture and distill it down to actionable tasks
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.