Manager- Technical Support
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Technical Support Americas, the Manager, Technical Support Strategic Accounts, owns providing Forcepoint’s largest and most strategic Web Gateway and CASB customers a world class support experience, through the delivery of real-time solutions by Subject Matter Experts and on-line Knowledge Base repositories. Exemplifying Forcepoint’s values of being Trustworthy, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Innovative, and Relentless, you will lead Technical Support teams delivering support across Forcepoint Web & CASB product lines, ensuring the highest levels of both customer and employee satisfaction.
- Provide Leadership and direction to a team of Web Gateway and CASB Technical Support Engineers, including seamless partnership with Technical Account Managers, sales, sales engineering, and professional services with a one team atmosphere that is focussed on successful outcomes for Forcepoint customers.
- Ownership of the operational management of team, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling, including weekend roster
- Capacity planning, including day to day shift planning, holiday coverage, medium and long-term capacity planning aligned to a growing business.
- Training, mentoring and managing staff
- Accountable for the operational performance of the Team based on defined key performance indicators
- Shared ownership of customers escalations with Technical Account Managers
- Quality of service reviews for all team members
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement focused on the end to end customer experience, ensuring high customer satisfaction and loyalty, resulting in extremely high rates of customer retention
- Maintaining a holistic view of your customer base, identify areas for product, knowledge, and process improvement that enhance the customer experience
- Interact and communicate with peers to achieve department objectives and goals.
- Collaborating with your employees, you will support the personal development of each team member.
- Complete performance reviews for each team member
- Participate in 24x7 “follow the sun” support coverage via on call model.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
You demonstrate extreme levels of accountability and are results driven; you value teamwork and collaboration; you communicate transparently and with candour, while always being genuine; you act boldly, take initiative and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes; you execute with speed and integrity, delivering high quality work product which you are proud of.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years’ experience managing technical support teams of 10 or more, preferably for a vendor in one or more of the following markets Secure Web Gateway or CASB markets,
- Extensive technical background and knowledge of networking, proxies, and cloud services. Solid understand of network and information security an advantage
- Strong analytical/fault finding/diagnostics/trouble-shooting skills.
- Mastery resolving critical enterprise level issues to the Customer’s satisfaction through team approach
- Ability to understand business implications of decisions and align work with strategic goals.
- Ability to excite & inspire your team.
- Ability to hire and retain top talent.
- Proven track record of delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Experiencing using metrics and KPI methodology to constantly review and enhance team performance and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to motivate people across the organization to provide solutions