As part of the overall Favor experience, our Trust and Safety team is there to ensure a trusted, secure, and safe platform for our customers, runners, and merchants. Our Trust and Safety Manager is integral to this effort.
As the manager of the Trust and Safety team, you’ll be responsible for leading operations, team performance, and developing team strategy, programs, and technologies focusing on fraud-related activity and enforcing Favor’s Community Guidelines with respect to Runners, Customers, and Merchants on the platform. You’ll partner directly and indirectly with every team within Favor (Product, Legal, Engineering, Finance, Operations, etc) to ensure program cohesion.
You’ll take a data-driven, customer-first approach to identifying patterns of fraudulent-related activity, while implementing effective countermeasures and SOPs to prevent and mitigate at scale, and ensure exceptional customer support for affected Customers and Runners. Given the multifaceted nature of the business, you’ll have a deep understanding of fraud across a number of vectors and apply your experience and expertise to ensure that the Favor platform operates with the highest level of integrity for our customers, runners, and merchants. You will also be a key point of contact with Favor’s external auto insurance provider.
- Lead Favor’s Trust & Safety strategy and execution of programs and technology by thinking ahead to scale teams, products, and processes to ensure desired outcomes over time
- Be accountable for the performance of the team and programs by defining and executing against KPIs
- Investigate and uncover unusual patterns in the business and work to identify the origin of issues
- Empower your team to make critical & sensitive decisions quickly, while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Regularly measure and report on team performance to Favor Leadership and Executives
- Partner with company leadership to collaborate on all Trust & Safety initiatives as well as serve as a stakeholder for company decision making on roadmaps and strategy
- Lead and manage a task based and operational team (consisting of specialists, leads, and program managers) that delivers on Customer and Runner guidelines adherence, live fraud monitoring (chargebacks, incentive/coupon/promo abuse, etc), and other (ATO, phishing attacks, etc)
- Lead technology decisions and management for all Trust & Safety tools and integrations including negotiation and on-going vendor management
- Partner closely with legal on policy, SOPs, and emerging issues
- Liaise with auto insurance provider on auto claims, including sharing data necessary for them to investigate and adjudicate claims
- Handle escalations from support contacts dealing with safety issues, working with legal as necessary to resolve and create SOPs
- Serve as a thought leader for the company and drive awareness with vendor and industry partnerships
- 4+ years experience in Fraud, Risk, and or Trust and Safety Operations, preferably in an e-commerce or on-demand environment
- 2+ years direct experience leading a high-performing multi-tiered team
- Ability to work weekends, occasional holidays, and outside of the standard 9-5 business hours
- Deep understanding of the entire chargeback workflow (sources, disputes, payment systems, bank processes, etc), as well as working knowledge of common fraud-prevention platforms and systems
- Experience managing multiple KPI's, projects, and initiatives in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical skills being highly proficient with pulling/synthesizing data and identifying trends, causation, correlation, etc
- Strong ability to synthesize, communicate, and present complex information effectively to stakeholders at all levels through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible at managing change and shifting priorities on a regular basis
- Goal-driven and target-oriented
- Passionate about continuous improvement, innovation, prevention, and frictionless processes and technology that make Favor a trusted platform
- Experience working with insurance preferred (but not required).
- Passionate about being a people leader and thrive off of developing others
- Graceful, measured, effective, and able to keep your team focused and energized in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and dynamic work environment
- Excel and are comfortable with navigating de-escalation, crucial conversations, and conflict resolution
- Champion of psychological well-being, radical candor, diversity, and inclusion
- Effective verbal and written communicator capable of influencing outcomes
- Reputation of operating with integrity, courage, and servant leadership
- BA/BS degree preferred
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description