Managing Director, Market Leader at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Managing Directors are accountable for the performance of a geographically defined Bright HealthCare service area. The role has Profit and Loss responsibility shared with matrix partners throughout Bright HealthCare and Bright Health Group. Specifically, success is measured by the following metrics within each Market in the Region.
Top line revenue growth:
a. Net growth in existing Lines of Business and identification of opportunities to add additional Lines of Businesses. Matrix partnership with: LOBs, Distribution and Sales, Operations, Marketing.
b. Work with LOBs and Network to contract with provider partners (Care Partners and Advanced Primary Care groups) in models that support growth, reflect the LOB access targets. Develop practice-based distribution opportunities.
c. Develop strategic relationships with distribution partners
d. Work to surface member abrasion issues and coordinate across functions to drive accountability for resolution and optimal member experience.
a. Management and monitoring of unit costs, utilization and network keep-age.
b. Management of all VBC relationships in the Market to assure Care Partners and Advanced Primary Care groups manage cost and quality and achieve clinical effectiveness and achieve targeted gain share.
c. Identify and coordinate implementation of all Medical Cost Management initiatives in the Market.
d. Risk adjustment results
Local network relationships
a. Manage the strategic partnerships with Care Partners, Advanced Primary Care groups and top network providers.
b. Support implementation of all Bright Health COE initiatives.
c. Work to support provider engagement and marketing initiatives and assure provider awareness and advocacy targets.
d. Work to surface provider abrasion issues and assure the appropriate Bright Health COE improve the provider experience.
Local presence, intelligence and opportunities
a. Represent the face of Bright Health in the Market with regulators, press and public.
b. Provide local intelligence from the distribution, delivery and competitor environments to assure Bright delivers a market competitive offer
c. Identify enterprise-wide opportunities for Bright Health
The Managing Director job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
1. Net growth in existing Lines of Business and identification of opportunities to add additional Lines of Businesses.
2. Work with LOBs and Network to identify, contract with and manage provider partners (Care Partners, Advanced Primary Care groups, key practice partnerships) in models that support growth and reflect the LOB access targets. Develop practice-based distribution opportunities.
3. Work with Sales and Distribution to Identify and develop strategic relationships with distribution partners in the Market
4. Management and monitoring of Medical Loss Ratio including but not limited to: unit costs, utilization, network keep-age, network composition, and risk adjustment.
5. Management of VBC relationships in the Market to assure Care Partners and Advanced Primary Care groups manage cost and quality and achieve clinical effectiveness and achieve targeted gain share and growth
6. Work to support provider engagement and marketing initiatives and achieve provider awareness and advocacy targets.
7. Represent the face of Bright Health in the Market with regulators, press and public.
8. Provide local intelligence from the distribution, delivery and competitor environments to assure Bright delivers a market competitive offer
This position will have supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, healthcare administration, or a related field is required; MBA is preferred
• Ten or more (10+) years of experience required. Preferably working with payers, but also provider organizations.
• Experience in general management is required.
• Experience working with risk/gain sharing providers and APCs who accept risk is required
• Familiarity with Exchange, Commercial and Medicare products is recommended
• Experience working effectively within a matrixed organization.
• Strong collaboration skills with internal (Sales, Network, Clinical and Ops) and external (CPs, APCs, brokers) to execute on high revenue and membership targets, and management of MLR to assure competitive products and pricing.
• Leadership skills that extend cross-functionally, spanning operations, clinical, network and sales that contribute to driving an exceptional experience for members and for clinicians.
• Strong relationship and account management skills within the healthcare provider space
• Results oriented, capable of clearly translating strategic objectives into implementable processes that drive outcomes.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• No licensures and/or certifications are required for this role.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel will be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.