Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
Homeward is growing rapidly and we’re looking to bring our cash offer to new markets. Launching new markets successfully requires many stakeholders inside and outside of Homeward. Our Market Expansion team is responsible for ensuring successful launches and leading this cross-functional effort that touches all functions of Homeward (i.e. operations, product, finance, sales, marketing). The Market Expansion and Growth Manager role will lead standing up and deploying new markets for Homeward.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
In this role you will
- Identify high-potential markets and develop strategies to capitalize efficiently
- Lead cross-functional team of stakeholders, owning the overall management of standing up new markets
- Frame and drive solutions amongst cross-functional stakeholders as they arise such as “How can we capture additional Title revenue despite not having a title company?”
- Collaborate with sales and marketing leadership to develop launch strategies for markets and lead the cross-functional team to execute and deploy
- Monitor initial results post-new market launch and triage any changes such as “What message should we scale to resonate with new market agents?”
- Identify areas to improve expansion processes and systems and incorporate into proceeding market launches
- Interact and work closely with Senior Leadership Team members, including SVP of Operations, Head of Financial Products, and Chief Sales Officer
- Report into the Market Expansion GM and sit within the Growth organization
What you’ll bring
- Self-starter attitude and comfort working in ambiguous environments
- Experience working in high-growth start up or top tier management consulting leading large cross-functional efforts (3+ years)
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience project managing cross-functional teams (e.g. operations, product, marketing, engineering) to accomplish a goal
- Detailed oriented and willing to provide additional
- Bias towards execution and effectiveness, keeping strategic goal as north star
- Experience driving forward work independently with some prioritization oversight
- Ability to get scrappy and dangerous with data to make informed decisions
- Working knowledge of utilizing CRMs as database, Salesforce experience a plus
- Knowledge of real estate industry is a plus
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.