Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
Homeward’s vision is to have our cash offer, flexible financing, and convenient closings make buying a home as simple and seamless as any other online purchase. Closing the purchase of a new home is notoriously stressful, particularly when you’re selling a home at the same time. Homeward was created to remove stress by creating certainty and removing all the obstacles so that our customers can focus on what matters most -- getting quickly settled into their new dream home. As we pursue this opportunity, we are hiring multiple GMs to drive outcomes and performance of a highly cross-functional team that includes over 15 different functional leaders. These GMs will oversee Texas, Georgia, and Colorado - think of them as the “COOs” of the region providing leverage to Homeward’s VP of Operations, VP of Mortgage Lending, and COO in overseeing a smooth operation.
As a General Manager, you’ll own the execution and consult on the refinement of our evolving organizational strategy focused on giving autonomy to small teams of operators who can ensure agent & customer NPS remains best-in-class. You will also create visibility and dashboards regarding region & partner performance; so that we’re all aligned as to what is going on in the region. Your job is to oversee that our transaction teams are able to execute in an efficient & seamless manner while providing a top notch experience.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.Responsibilities will include:
- Report to our Vice President of Operations while owning the outcomes of one of our regions (TX, GA, CO)
- Take full ownership of the KPIs for your region; ruthlessly prioritizing customer experience (NPS) as the first priority and profitability as the second
- Drive discussion and alignment on the health of the pipeline at a transaction level by leading cross functional region team syncs
- Partner with functional leaders within Homeward’s operations, sales, partner success, mortgage, finance, product, and data teams to help streamline how we service our customers in your market
- Partner with finance and sales operations to develop accurate projections for your market
- Build and maintain relationships with key industry leaders in the real estate industry in your market
- Develop reporting to create visibility for Homeward’s senior leadership and board of directors
- Help oversee general compliance with the operating rules of your state
- Be an external face of Homeward in the local press & with new partners in conjunction with our sales & marketing team; helping drive more volume to your state
- Help drive market expansion efforts in the future; as your role will be the prototype for how we assemble our new markets in the future to service our customers
- 5+ years of experience building and leading successful operationally intensive businesses
- Experience interfacing with partners and/or customers in a customer success, sales, or general management capacity
- Strong leadership skills; vision and the ability to build and unify high-performing cross-functional teams around meaningful outcomes
- Executive presence, excellent communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success delivering high-quality customer experiences
- Tangible experience building something from the ground up
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- Interest in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.