Merchandising Support Specialist at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX)
- Supports promotions, Prime, and Everyday Low-Cost processes.
- Performs a variety of promo support assignments, working with fellow Team Members and accepting guidance to develop a basic understanding of current promotional processes.
- Coordinates with other Team Members who use a shared email account.
- Performs basic functionalities of a promo specialist, including:
- Inbox management,
- Category Management communication,
- Supplier Communication,
- Monthly planner management, inputting promotion details including timeframe, items, discount and supplier funding.
- Ensures all planned promotions are implemented across Merchandising systems.
- Receives large volumes of excel files from suppliers via email and the supplier portal.
- Performs basic processes associated with pre-orders, reporting, and follow up.
- Enters data and ensures data accuracy for analysis on promotions and EDLC programs.
- Maintains data integrity across multiple applications.
- Develops working relationships with suppliers and Category Managers, communicating with each in a timely fashion.
- Is accountable for accuracy and timeliness in all activities.
- Gains familiarity with Merchandising Support policies, procedures and practices.
- With guidance, learns to perform the duties of a Merchandising Support Specialist, including:
- Manually entering data into merchandising management data systems,
- Providing superior customer service to global Team Members, regions, stores, and suppliers,
- Actively participates in team meetings.
- Assists with special projects as needed. .
- Familiarity with procurement or related accounting-type administrative support.
- Able to use scanning and validation software.
- Desire and ability to learn new applications and processes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to use standard business software such as Word and Excel l.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Familiar with data presentation including charts and pivot tables.
- Familiar with data analysis tools, including MicroStrategy.
- Basic math, reading, analytical, and deductive / inductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to write and proof-read reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Receives close supervision or is guided by detailed instructions for all work.
- Listens to and asks questions to understand team, partner and customer needs and seek clarification.
- Develops working relationships with internal team and supported work groups.
- Organizes and completes tasks according to assigned priorities.
- Shows initiative by asking questions and seeking to increase own knowledge and contribution.
- Provides regular updates on work progression.
- Works on routine assignments requiring limited judgment.
- Resolves routine questions, referring more complex issues to higher levels.
- Follows standard procedures and written direction to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ensures accuracy of data and information provided to team and other stakeholders.
- Gains understanding of the WFM organizational structure, associated hierarchy and approval levels.
- Gains understanding of the types and timing of various departmental deadlines and events.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and 1-2 years’ relevant experience. Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.