WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Directs, manages and coordinates resources to meet data processing and/or systems objectives, including design, installation, on-going maintenance, enhancements and account management activities for diversified colleague groups. Directly and through subordinates, manages projects and directs staff in providing maximum services in terms of quality and quantity within the specified budget and applications and product evaluations to improve the profitability and efficiency of the colleague group.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Directs, manages and maintains data processing and/or systems and ensures the quality of work performed and accuracy of output; manages systems projects to meet target date, quality and budget objectives.
- Directs account management efforts ensuring maintenance of appropriate service levels in support of business assistance objectives and profit goals for assigned systems.
- Oversees the completion of all assigned systems efforts within established target dates and budget ensuring quality of work performed, maintainability of systems developed or installed, and overall knowledge of the business functionality of the system.
- Manages the collection of system requirements, techniques and controls of affected functional departments in order to determine problem areas and to provide operationally efficient and cost effective alternatives or solutions.
- Guides and manages staff group; answers staff questions; provides project management direction and scheduling to meet established project goals.
- Implements IS project methodology guidelines and standards and manages the process to ensure project success.
- Conducts special projects as requested by senior management; monitors projects for adherence to Bank security and quality standards and management objectives; presents project status reports to senior management.
- Participates in the development of Information Systems strategic direction and coordinates across business and technical teams to ensure all bank projects meet strategic objectives.
- Coordinates systems activities with other IS managers.
- Participates in vendor evaluations, recommends and reviews functional and overall system design, and technical planning to improve systems productivity and efficiency.
- Plans, develops, establishes and control assigned organization and budget functions.
- Takes ownership of department invoices; verifies for accuracy and approves. Participates in defining terms for contract negotiations and service agreements.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected customer service levels.
- Facilitates the creation of a team environment by providing strong mentoring skills and interdepartmental communications.
- Recommends hires, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments, performance standards and reviews. Approves employee daily time records, work assignments, vacations, sick pay, etc.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelors' Degree or equivelent
- Minimum 7 years management experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in Information Services/Technology
Skills and Knowledge
- 5+ years nCino experience (Cert preferred) including nCino Platform Development, UI and Layouts, Communities
- At least 10 years of experience in IT including experience and familiarity with a broad array of technology tools, platforms and products and complex implementations
- Excellent knowledge of data processing technology, especially in banking and financial systems.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of functions in assigned department.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.
- Excellent analytical, project management, tactical planning and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.