Network Reliability Engineer
ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale. ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement — of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
About the role
ThousandEyes network reliability engineers are responsible for building and operating our production network, ensuring network scalability and reliability as well as developing and deploying tools to help manage and monitor our network. We’re looking for talented and highly proficient network reliability engineers with a software and/or network background.
Apply for this role if you:
- Are a fast learner and comfortable working with new technologies
- Are exceptional with network fundamentals and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, OSPF, and HTTP
- Have experience with open-source network automation frameworks and building software to manage and monitor the network (common languages are Python and Go)
- Are familiar with various network hardware and operating systems
- Have network security experience including network and application firewalls, IDS, IPS, and DDoS
- Are comfortable working with Linux systems, containers and kubernetes
Our infrastructure technology stack:
- Cumulus Networks
- F5 Networks
- Palo Alto Networks