Network Security Engineer II
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- 3 + years of experience in related skills
- An BS/MS degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Professional IT certification(s), preferably with a focus on networking or security (CCNP Security, JNCIS, etc.)
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP and routing, firewall technologies, and information security principles and best practices.
- Experience working with PBX, PRI and VoIP SIP solutions
- Experience with Voice Gateway technology including call routing, Trunking and DID ranges.
- Strong understanding of Wireless technologies.
- Must be able to quickly diagnose problems and implement solutions to maintain uninterrupted network service.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of and experience with routing and switching protocols including: OSPF, BGP, VTP, STP, HSRP and VRRP.
- In-depth understanding of common Internet-centric applications and protocols such as: HTTP, SMTP, SSL\TLS, SSH, NTP, and DNS.
- Working knowledge of Juniper/Cisco platforms.