We’re looking for an office manager with a genuine interest in startup culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to learn. This role will join our Culture + People team. You’ll keep our office operations running smoothly and be the support hub for Square Root. Our three craftsman homes turned offices keep the role interesting, so each day here presents unique challenges. We need a go-getter, willing to jump into any task whether it’s keeping us caffeinated or planning our next company meeting.
Sound like you? If so, let’s chat!
- Greet guests + handle our mail and packages
- Own office operations including vendor and lease management
- Keep our office areas clean, orderly, and fully stocked with supplies
- Organize meetings and events, including team lunches and company parties
- Take ownership of our office amenities like snacks and wellness perks
- Tackle all things accounting, reporting, and compliance
- Process monthly payrolls and become our benefits expert
- Manage documentation like the company directory, org chart, and office calendar
- Use Slack, G Suite, Excel, and Trello to keep our team in the loop
- Assist with social media and culture photoshoots
- There is no shortage of opportunities - The right person will grow and evolve this role!
Here’s what we think will make a successful Office Manager.
- You’re interested in business operations, HR, or Recruiting
- You’ve got customer service experience + enjoy going out of your way to serve others and overdeliver
- You’re innately curious and fanatical about learning
- You’re positive, self-motivated, and always ready to pitch in and help
- You’re a stellar communicator and aren’t afraid to pipe up with your feedback
- You’ve got an eye for details and inclination for quick execution
- You possess honesty, integrity, and respect for confidentiality
- Most importantly you bring gumption, strong work ethic, and kindness to everything you do
- Please apply with a cover letter that details why you’re a fit for the role and Square Root!
- The salary range for this role is $40,000 - $45,000.
- Local candidates only, please!
We’re always looking for people to add to and evolve our culture + company. We want you to bring your unique experience and perspective, so don’t worry about checking all the boxes. If our values and mission resonate with you, please apply!
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. As we grow, we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. Here's the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. We think big ideas are meant to be pursued. So, we think critically and have a bias for action and impact. We continually iterate to deliver smarter direction and better software.
- Be customer-inspired. We aim to over-deliver and delight by doing what’s best, not just what’s expected. That’s why we make it a priority to understand how our customers operate and the challenges that they face.
- Partner. We build strong relationships by having a partnership mindset – internally and externally. We go above and beyond to help our customers, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We set our internal bar high so that we can bring enthusiasm, speed, and innovation. We revere personal drive, growth, and balance. We celebrate successes, and, sometimes, we just celebrate.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006. Along the way, we’ve added a slew of benefits and perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here’s a sample:
- Flexibility: no dress code, unlimited PTO, and paid parental leave
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- A cozy campus of five 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!)
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.