Office Manager at System Surveyor
About System Surveyor
System Surveyor is an Austin “A-List” company with a big future. The company offers a Business to Business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to professionals in the electronic security, IT, Audio-Visual and Fire Alarm industries. Named #4 on Pepperdine University’s “Most Fundable Companies” list, System Surveyor has been recognized with six industry awards for innovation. Based in southwest Austin, the company is poised for rapid growth in 2019 – and we need a dedicated self-starter with a strong desire to have a role in building a thriving company.
Our growing company needs an innovative, versatile, and proactive Office Manager to handle day-to-day back-office operations with a focus on simplicity and process standardization. The Office Manager responsibilities will include bookkeeping, administration of a variety of software services used by the company, administration of employee matters, streamlining administrative procedures, and executive support. We’re looking for an energetic professional who thrives on broad responsibility, works very well within a team, and brings a passion for excellence.
Part-time 16 to 24 hours per week with a compensation range of $18/hr to $28/hr depending on qualifications and fit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and administer procedures related to monthly financial transactions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense and credit card reconciliation.
- Management of payroll, sales commissions and benefits with company PEO.
- Organize and optimize general office operations to maximize employees.
- Administer systems used for the day to day management of the company serving as an interface with vendors of these systems.
- Manage employee matters including on-boarding / off-boarding, administration of employee records, benefit, training, and other matters.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment for all employees including management of all office furniture, equipment, office supplies and refreshments.
- Develop ad-hoc analysis as specified by team members extracting information, compiling data and providing general analysis.
- Coordination and management of company events including logistical arrangements and travel
- Provide support to executive team with managing task lists, schedules, appointments and other items as requested.
- Introduce new and innovative ideas for the benefit of the company, employees and customers.
- Other duties include answering phone calls, management and response of mail and email, and general support of all employees.
- Actively demonstrate, promote and reinforce company policies and values with all team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new software quickly and train others
- Extensive personal experience with common on-line applications
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a strong desire to serve others in pursuit of a common objective
Related Work Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years experience with bookkeeping using Quickbooks, Xero or other platform
- A minimum of 2 years experience administering matters related to employment and payroll
- Professional references
Formal Education or Equivalent:
- Associate degree or higher required (B.A. or B.S. preferred)
- Or, 5 years of experience in a role with similar responsibilities and scope.
Office Manager Role is part-time with hourly compensation commensurate with experience. Estimated 15 to 20 hours per week within M-F, 8am to 5pm. Must be flexible to adjust days/hours worked with advanced notice to accommodate needs of the business.