Come work at Smarter Sorting!
Smarter Sorting is a fast-growing, purpose-driven retail tech company that was named as one of Austin’s “Best Places to Work, 2020". We're looking for the right team member to help us keep winning that award every single year by making sure that our office and facilities are productivity and fun machines!
What You'll Be Doing:
- General care and feeding of our team - welcoming new employees, organizing the celebration of wins and milestones, keeping the kitchen stocked with goodness (after COVID of course), etc.
- Overseeing maintenance companies and providers to keep the office and other facilities clean, safe,
- Managing logistics for our client rollouts - prepare & coordinate Fedex and UPS shipments, arrange for LTL when necessary, and track/report all status
- Managing telecom providers to support client rollouts - tracking billing and ensuring accuracy
- Assisting in new employee onboarding
- Maintaining our demo lab in the office to ensure that it's always set up and in good working order, to be able to demo products either in person or virtually at a moment's notice
- Helping design and execute a wide variety of ad-hoc projects for the leadership team to fuel our growth - some recent examples: figuring out a fun way to introduce the new brand to the team, benchmarking features against competitors, last minute edits to an investor deck.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Proactive, no job too big or too small attitude is critical.
- Demonstrate superb judgment, impeccable integrity and the maturity to handle sensitive information with care and confidentiality. You will be privy to our most important decisions.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager or Administrative Assistant
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
At Smarter Sorting, we are transforming the world through Product Intelligence. Our mission is to create a smarter, more connected world by revealing the underlying chemical and physical truths, and possibilities, of consumer products.
We provide retailers and suppliers the critical data points they need to best manufacture, move, market, sell, and handle products throughout the supply chain. From sustainability to eCommerce to regulatory compliance and everything in between, Product Intelligence is delivered when and where it is needed. At our core, we believe that when you know more, you can do better - for business, for consumers, and for the planet.
We are a team of data geeks, circular economy nerds, and math and chemistry wizards. We live and breathe the mission and values of Smarter Sorting every day, and are excited to be a part of something that just might change the world.
Read Full Job Description