Operations Manager, Ecommerce
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is looking for a talented Operations Manager to drive growth in the HomeAway Payments business by defining the strategic and operational initiatives required to exceed customer needs and differentiate HomeAway from its competitors. You will influence senior leadership and maintain strong alignment with key departments to ensure the payments business is well planned, understood and effectively executed. You will partner with the Product, Marketing and Customer Experience teams to develop, monitor and augment the business strategy, collaborate on action plans, lead execution and track overall progress. You will champion consumer and partner payment localization, providing insight and driving partnerships with key vendors. This role will own overall business performance with a focus on the voice of customers.
External Perspective and Competitive Strategy
- Analyze customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis, generate specific insights and guide issues to resolution;
- Partner with Marketing to understand key drivers of the value proposition, customer retention and maintain content for customer facing FAQ's;
- Perform ongoing tear-down of top local competitors, including market share and key features;
- Coordinate with Customer Experience to address blocking points.
Performance Management and Initiatives
- Champion high quality localization, using measurement and corrective actions as needed;
- Seek opportunities and challenges, implementing action plans as appropriate;
- Provide analytical leadership into business cases and requirements for new initiatives;
- Partner cross functionally to resolve performance issues linked to payments.
Performance Analysis and Reporting
- Monitor key performance metrics in the areas of customer acquisition, conversion, fraud, unit economics, customer contacts, etc.;
- Perform ongoing product lifecycle analysis including customer retention drivers;
- Develop and present routine and ad hoc analyses, as well as prepare and distribute business performance reports;
- Provide analytical support to P&L reviews, including variance analysis and performance forecasting.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred;
- 6+years of experience with exposure to strategy and/or E-commerce;
- Experience with global payments products, financial tech and/or two-side marketplaces a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence others;
- Track record of creative and structured problem solving;
- Basic Tableau/SQL/GA/(BigQuery)/(Datameer) skills.
Keys to Success in the Role:
- Moving quickly and deliberately, using data to guide decisions and testing to achieve breakthroughs;
- Welcoming new ideas and opinions, especially if they challenge your beliefs; actively listening with humility and respect;
- Playing to win and openly discussing options when goals compete; uniting to deliver results for our company and customers;
- Communicating directly, sharing feedback at all levels, and engaging in debate while maintaining objectivity;
- Influencing and motivating resources outside your team;
- Committing to continuous development and mastery of your craft.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.