Partner Operations Associate at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocatePartner Operations AssociateMeet AppSumo
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan? Work doesn’t have to suck.
What does that mean? We don't want to work soul-crushing 9-to-5s. We love it here because what we do actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they’re passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
You in?The opportunity
This job is all about providing support for our partners (i.e., the folks who list Select products on AppSumo) through their deal launch. You’ll serve as a lead point of contact and handle onboarding, partner communications, and regular check-ins. If you’re a natural-born executor who’s hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and overly prepared for any situation, you’re just the kind of person we want to talk to!What you’ll be doing
- Communicate with our partners over email, Slack, and video conferencing
- Work cross-departmentally with the sales, content, and partner success teams to manage the onboarding process and stay on top of calendar deadlines
- Build partner deals within our internal system and oversee the project from start to finish
- Provide advice and action items to help our partners level up their products for our customer base
- Anticipate potential obstacles for our partners and devise creative solutions
- Work with software such as MixMax, MeisterTask, Slack, and Freedcamp to manage partner communications and deals
This is a unique role that requires juggling a high volume of tasks, adapting to an ever-changing environment, and wearing multiple hats.Must-have skills
- Experience at a SaaS, ecommerce, or web-based company
- A strong attention to detail and an unparalleled level of organization — your sock drawer puts Marie Kondo to shame
- A desire to drive results through well-crafted processes and critical thinking
- The ability to effectively communicate with different types of learners
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Workspace, and outbound email sequencing
- HTML, JSON, or coding
- Browser developer tool consoles
- API-based systems
In the first three months of this role, success means developing a full understanding of our internal systems, being able to set up the deals we run on our platform, and effectively communicating with partners and resolving their concerns.Why work here?
At AppSumo, we’re committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—the kind of company where work doesn’t suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
Freedom to have a side hustle (We’ll cheer you on.)
Open vacation (PTO) policy
Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year (We’re talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
$200 per month to treat yourself (Therapy, Yoga, Massages, Tacos, whatever helps you be you.)
Late start/flexible hours
Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
Free lunch once a week, a computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.