Planning Lead within the Office of CEO at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Planning Lead within the Office of CEO that will be responsible for leading complex, cross-functional projects on behalf of the exec team. As a Planning Lead, you’ll have a unique seat at the table, working directly with senior leadership to facilitate strategic decision making, ensuring proper trade-offs, and making sure all teams are working towards delivering for Workrise’s workers. You will have broad exposure to and the ability to impact all parts of the organization. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is data-driven, strategic and, a clear communicator.
What you’ll be doing:
Why join us? Our Office of CEO team at Workrise supports the CEO and broader exec team. Our priority is to work with the CEO and C-Suite on the most essential issues facing Workrise
- Work with Chief of Staff and C-Suite on all essential issues facing Workrise
- You will help develop and run various internal operating processes (e.g., annual planning, quarterly reviews, weekly business reviews, etc).
- You will lead Company-level OKR setting and tracking (both quarterly and annually)
- You will partner with Finance on annual operating plans and other key planning deliverables.
- You will be an excellent listener and help connect dots between teams and across departments.
- You will adapt as priorities change and help the company pivot smoothly in our fast-paced environment
- You will operate with the utmost discretion and professionalism earning the trust of senior leaders and the executive team.
- You will drive strategic focus to critical growth opportunities and scalable programs on behalf of our executive leadership team
- You will be a key representative in preparing constant and clear communication of objectives, status, tactics, and results to all relevant stakeholders
- A deep desire to empower the skilled trades workforce.
- Minimum of 7 years working in investment banking, management or strategy consulting, engineering, or high-paced startup / operational environments.
- Degree from a top undergraduate program in finance, economics / econometrics, computer science, engineering, statistics, or other quantitative fields.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and leverage data to drive solutions.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability bolstered by exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience running planning processes and operating cadences. Preferably for high-growth tech startups
- A high level of sophistication with the innate ability to both navigate internal structures and negotiate with executives
- Technical experience preferred across SQL/R/Python, applied statistics, data transformation and analysis, and/or advanced excel / g-suite capabilities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to go from zero to one.
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!